Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 04:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
3 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 78 [3] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2008, 22:03
This post received
KUDOS
I think seeking approval in the form of kudos is kind of lame. But I just noticed that my kudos have been reset to zero. I don't know which is more comical, the mod(s) that actually think that I think it is important to have kudos, or the people who felt the need to snitch to the mod.

Story:

A couple of days ago, some person with 200+ posts on this forum posted an incomplete question, I just happened to notice that the person had zero kudos, and I made a snide comment saying that perhaps the person has zero kudo because the person has been unhelpful since the time he/she joined in 2006. Of course, it received negative reactions from the person and some other sheeps (aka people who hand out trophies for last place finishers). The funny part is that my off the cuff comment actually was true, I did a search on the person's nickname and found that nearly all of his/her posts were questions for others without much giving back in the form of answering questions for others.

Of course, I think I have been helpful in some instances and unhelpful in others. And I certainly think that I have done more than my fair share of answering and helping out others on this forum. The forum is active only because of people who answer questions instead of people who ask questions all the time without participation.

Personally, I am too lazy to move to another forum, but I hope that I get banned so that it would give me incentive to join another forum.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 78 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2008, 09:15
This post received
KUDOS
riverripper wrote:
I dont ever go to the forum you are talking about so no clue what goes on there...but the point of it is to ask questions isnt it? I dont get why you feel compelled to post this or your other comment, they arent adding anything and just make you look snide and whiney.

That is why I posted my comment in an "off topic" section. If you read my post carefully, you would understand that I have no problems with people asking questions. I also could care less what people think about me on an anonymous forum. And I am confident that you don't care that anonymous people, who don't know you personally, may think at first glance at your messageboard statement that you are an opportunistic piler that tends to state the obvious, either. But I could be wrong.
Director
Director
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 187 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2008, 06:31
GMATNub I agree with you but I do agree that your comment on that day was also uncalled for. Yes I do not see a reason why your Kudos should be taken off. I will humbly request administrators to kindly give back his/her accumulated Kudos.
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 364

Kudos [?]: 1797 [0], given: 358

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2008, 07:18
Expert's post
gmatnub wrote:
...I don't know which is more comical, the mod(s) that actually think that I think it is important to have kudos....

if the mod is me, I think I would give again kudos for such cheerful post :)

gmatnub wrote:
woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

my first kudo :shh

woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

:musband :musband :woohoo :band :yes
:drinking :drinking :drinking

But I should frankly say I do not share you negative attitude here 11-t66293

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 694 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2008, 08:09
I dont ever go to the forum you are talking about so no clue what goes on there...but the point of it is to ask questions isnt it? I dont get why you feel compelled to post this or your other comment, they arent adding anything and just make you look snide and whiney.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2008, 14:15
gmatnub - lets forget the past and focus on GMAT, the real battle ahead :lol:

btw,I have 31 kudos only .......... :crying
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2008, 20:00
I guess the mod's taking your kudos away bothers you enough for you to make a post about it. Here's the thing: This place is quite, how-do-you-say, proper. I've tried many a times to crack a joke in a post, and it nerver gets quite the reception I hope. Maybe I'm just not that funny. Who knows?

I actually remember your post, and it was quite harmless. I got it. However, some didn't. And I guess we need to placate those who didn't because we really don't want anyone leaving here with a bad taste. You know? So I guess I'm just saying that, yea, some of us get it.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Hard Knocks
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 434 [0], given: 32

GMAT Tests User
Re: Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2008, 20:30
gmatnub,

It is very frustrating when we spend a lot of time making this community what it is (and I've only been here for less than 3 months, but believe I've done more in 3 months than many do in a year). I believe all you were asking is that the poster be careful in what he/she posts to ensure that the question posted it actually the question that needs to be answered.

I thought your response was fine. Could you have used a better tone? Probably. Next time, maybe send it via PM? At least this way it won't be in the public forum.

Keep up posting here. I don't think you'll be banned for letting off a little steam towards someone that seems to take and give little in return.

allen

PS - devilmirror stated "Your remark is very offensive." So? His username and avatar might be considered very offensive to some. I'm not a big fan of the devil myself. I don't have a problem with his name or avatar, but if he/she wants others to be sensitive regarding his/her feelings, maybe some reciprocity should be expected and devilmirror should change his username and avatar because it might be considered very offensive?

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2008, 21:07
jallenmorris wrote:
PS - devilmirror stated "Your remark is very offensive." So? His username and avatar might be considered very offensive to some. I'm not a big fan of the devil myself. I don't have a problem with his name or avatar, but if he/she wants others to be sensitive regarding his/her feelings, maybe some reciprocity should be expected and devilmirror should change his username and avatar because it might be considered very offensive?

Ughhh, it's an avatar. Come on. J Allen, your avatar can be offensive (I think it's quite hilarious). Some guy called me out as a cigarette pusher who's responsible for the many cig related deaths. Let's not get crazy.

I think the best way to react to someone is to just ignore him/his post. If it gets out of hand, we'll step in.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Hard Knocks
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 434 [0], given: 32

GMAT Tests User
Re: Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2008, 04:18
kidderek, I agree with you it can be taken too far, and that was the underlying point of my post. I think so many people are way too sensitive. I also made sure I wrote that I have no problem with his post. Some people (I would include devilmirror) with this group need to suck it up and be able to deal with it when they get offended rather than expect everyone else to cater to their fragile emotions.

Agreed...ignoring them is probably the best action.

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2008, 05:35
I think this post should be read by all participants.

Though agreeing with jallenmorris and kidderek , I still will like to state that GmatClub is not a
place to satisfy our EGOs.

I honestly think that taking away Kudos was very unfair but the comments from gmatnub were not called for. They did not have humour ( atleast I did not feel so ) , they were more like egoistic.

To satisfy HUMOUR talents we can go out with friends in pub !!!

This forum is to practice GMAT , and to do it wisely we need decorum. I think moderator did the correct thing by locking the previous thread.

Also , even tough you guys feel that emotions ( fragile) should not be taken care of - Make it a rule in the forum participation code. And I feel no women should participate - they have more so called fragile emotions I think ( kidding here - no offend intended )

Anyways, kudos should be back to gmatnub ( +1 from me ).
Re: Funny Reaction from Mods/owner(s) of this forum   [#permalink] 14 Jul 2008, 05:35