Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 00:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Duke Fuqua
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2013, 08:28
hamm0 wrote:
When do interviews start? I am later in the cycle, but I was wondering when we could start hearing some feedback.

http://www.fuqua.duke.edu/daytime-mba/admissions/

The dates when interviews are sent are listed on that page. Duke is pretty accurate in adhering to that timetable. The only exception in recent memory are the personal phone calls that went out to R2 admits last year that were a few days prior to the listed admit notification date. Interview dates, however, should be a good guideline for your planning purposes.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.14
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2013, 17:40
Did anyone notice the e-mail which came out today indicated the Early Action Deadline was Sept 19 while the website says Sept 18? I e-mailed admissions asking for clarification and will post as soon as I find out.

Attachment:
e-mail EA deadline.JPG
e-mail EA deadline.JPG [ 21.9 KiB | Viewed 1819 times ]

Attachment:
EA Website Deadline.JPG
EA Website Deadline.JPG [ 26.32 KiB | Viewed 1818 times ]
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 26

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2013, 23:50
[quote="ActionJackson"]Did anyone notice the e-mail which came out today indicated the Early Action Deadline was Sept 19 while the website says Sept 18? I e-mailed admissions asking for clarification and will post as soon as I find out.

I called them. they said the E-mail date was a mistake.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.42

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2013, 05:45
Anyone know the course requirement of College level calculus ?
I am from India and not sure whether I have completed this already.
3 KUDOS received
Darden Thread Master
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 4 [3] , given: 11

Reviews Badge
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2013, 06:05
This post received
KUDOS
@Spilnletree: I meet the Adcom during Bangalore Info session recently and asked about Calculus requirement..If you are an Engineer..just mention Mathematics 1, 2. They are well aware of the engineering coursework in India. Hope that helps.

My MBA Application Journey:

http://amitkpandeyece.blogspot.in

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2013, 22:21
Does anyone have any idea about the word limit for recommendation questions?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2013, 02:39
Just want to say thanks to @threestripes for meeting with me and telling me more about his Fuqua experience!

I think meeting with a student is incredibly helpful and provides more insight into what a school is really like.
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2013, 11:29
charu115 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea about the word limit for recommendation questions?

I have been told that its around 300 words per question - seems like that's plenty of space to go into specifics.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2013, 08:02
mindstatements wrote:
Just want to say thanks to @threestripes for meeting with me and telling me more about his Fuqua experience!

I think meeting with a student is incredibly helpful and provides more insight into what a school is really like.

Do you mind sharing details of your fuqua experience..???
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
WE: Consulting (Education)
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 124 [1] , given: 22

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2013, 09:54
This post received
KUDOS
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 670 Q V
GPA: 3.77
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2013, 18:05
I was planing to submit for round 1, but I have all my application Ready. Should I apply for ED ?

The only thing is that my GMAT is 670, and I'm thinking of retaking it. Will the adcom accept an updated gmat score before the decision date for ED (Dec 20th)?

what are your thoughts?

Thanks
VP
VP
Followers: 69

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 448

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2013, 18:35
summer99 wrote:
I was planing to submit for round 1, but I have all my application Ready. Should I apply for ED ?

The only thing is that my GMAT is 670, and I'm thinking of retaking it. Will the adcom accept an updated gmat score before the decision date for ED (Dec 20th)?

what are your thoughts?

Thanks

If you're sure of retaking the test, I'd suggest retake and then apply. Don't pin your hopes on the revised score being considered by the adcom. Yes, they accept new scores, but they might not consider if you're too late in the game (when they have reviewed your file and already made a few decisions). And, obviously, there is no way of knowing whether you're 'too late', unless you send your scores within a week or two.

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2013, 19:10
summer99 wrote:

what are your thoughts?

Thanks

Decision date is October 30, not Dec 20th. You will have to put your deposit in by Dec 4th, so essentially before you will hear back from any other school.

Also, Duke asks you to send the official report before it considers your updated score. So you will have to take the exam before Oct 10th in order for it to be considered for ED app. I think you are better off applying in R1.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 07:15
This post received
KUDOS
hailmary wrote:
summer99 wrote:

what are your thoughts?

Thanks

Decision date is October 30, not Dec 20th. You will have to put your deposit in by Dec 4th, so essentially before you will hear back from any other school.

Also, Duke asks you to send the official report before it considers your updated score. So you will have to take the exam before Oct 10th in order for it to be considered for ED app. I think you are better off applying in R1.

What's up bud. U submitted ur package yet? I was in such a hurry last week and plan to submit it today. LOL hopefully this time we'll have a better result.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.59
WE: Accounting (Law)

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 18

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 08:02
Ugh... I'm freaking out kind of. Still making edits to my "Why Duke" essay after my buddy who got into Duke ripped it to shreds. I'm definitely looking to submit tomorrow morning...

Remember everyone deadline is tomorrow at 11:59 PM EST for Early Admissions!
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 09:06
AresZhu wrote:
hailmary wrote:
summer99 wrote:

what are your thoughts?

Thanks

What's up bud. U submitted ur package yet? I was in such a hurry last week and plan to submit it today. LOL hopefully this time we'll have a better result.

This evening bud. beyond excited.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 09:08
kple12 wrote:
Ugh... I'm freaking out kind of. Still making edits to my "Why Duke" essay after my buddy who got into Duke ripped it to shreds. I'm definitely looking to submit tomorrow morning...

Remember everyone deadline is tomorrow at 11:59 PM EST for Early Admissions!

haha, you still have plenty of time. Good Luck!

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 09:12
Does anyone know if alumni or current student recommend-er has to fill out the same form as others or if they can just write a paragraph and send it over? Thanks.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 09:17
hailmary wrote:
Does anyone know if alumni or current student recommend-er has to fill out the same form as others or if they can just write a paragraph and send it over? Thanks.

U talking about a reference letter? or recommendation letter. I believe all the recommendation letter has to go through application system. But reference letter can be just a paragraph and send through email I think.
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 09:29
AresZhu wrote:
hailmary wrote:

U talking about a reference letter? or recommendation letter. I believe all the recommendation letter has to go through application system. But reference letter can be just a paragraph and send through email I think.

well online it says that you can submit a recommendation letter from alumni/current student. Not sure if that's reference letter. I just don't want my current student to fill out the whole rec letter, since most of the stuff is N/A.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 17 Sep 2013, 09:29