Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 13:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 4

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 19:27
Not invited. Feeling a little let down considering I had a very fruitful interaction during an information session with faculty & ad com director. Anyway, this is not the end of the world.

All the best to folks who got the invites. Please do share your interview experiences.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q V

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 90

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 20:39
Not invited :(

Congrats to all the people who got invited, and good luck for the interview.

Does anyone know if Duke offers a feedback after the final decision?

Can we take any steps now to improve our candidacy to get invited in further rounds?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: McCombs '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 21:31
Jokesta wrote:
Congratulations to all invited to interview! Being selected for the interview means the adcom liked something in your application. This is a good time to review your entire profile again to make sure that if there are any potential gaps then to emphasize the countering strength in your interview. Lets bring it home!

For all not invited, there is a chance that you might be waitlisted without an interview. I believe there were 3 or 4 candidates last year who were brought in for round 2 or round 3 for interviews because the adcom probably felt they needed to round out the class a bit more in a certain category.

Thanks for this post. If a candidate is waitlisted, would it show as Waitlisted or Not invited?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 14

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 21:39
Not invited
Congrats to all that moved one step forward to Durham!
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 136 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 21:58
kunzi wrote:
Not invited :(

Congrats to all the people who got invited, and good luck for the interview.

Does anyone know if Duke offers a feedback after the final decision?

Can we take any steps now to improve our candidacy to get invited in further rounds?

Unfortunately, Duke has a no feedback policy. You should ask a friend to read your application and give you constructive feedback so you can improve your future applications.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke '16 (WL)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 8

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 22:36
Invited. Congrats to all who got an invite!
Really excited!
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 5

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 02:09
Not invited :-( Thought i had a descent application. Just felling a bit low!

Anyway, i have other schools lined up.

Good luck to those that got invites.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 15

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 02:59
thereddevil wrote:
Invited!!! Super excited! It's an amazing program. .good luck everyone!

Posted from my mobile device Image

Red devil = manchester united fan ?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke '16 (S)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 11

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 04:55
invited :-), good luck all!
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 31

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 06:34
Received an invitation from Fuqua with the scheduling information. The link they send me does not work, so just wrote them about it..hoping to get a response soon..

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 18

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 06:42
kapilhede17 wrote:
thereddevil wrote:
Invited!!! Super excited! It's an amazing program. .good luck everyone!

Red devil = manchester united fan ?

Yes. Very Much.. How about you? :)

Cheers,
TheRedDevil

Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 06:44
vomhorizon wrote:
Received an invitation from Fuqua with the scheduling information. The link they send me does not work, so just wrote them about it..hoping to get a response soon..

Just spoke to admissions guys and was told that the link sent in the morning have some issues. They are working on it now and will email us a new link today.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 620 Q40 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 06:46
cognizant2001 wrote:
vomhorizon wrote:

Same here. So glad it wasn't just me. E-mailed admissions about the issue as well.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 06:53
nottonystark wrote:
they send me does not work, so just wrote them about it..hoping to get a response soon..

The adcom sent an email about this just few mins back. Here is the content:

We are aware that some people are having issues using the link to schedule an interview. Our IT department is looking into the situation. We will notify you as soon as the issue has been resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Warmest regards,
The Duke MBA Office of Admissions

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 09:46
I'm still having issues scheduling my interivew. Anyone else get "No Dates Available" when you get to the interview page?
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 09:49
I got an email saying the technical difficulties are fixed - I was able to schedule my interview online amongst a myriad of other events they offer.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 620 Q40 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 10:09
jefflee007 wrote:
I got an email saying the technical difficulties are fixed - I was able to schedule my interview online amongst a myriad of other events they offer.

Same here. Ready to go December 5th @ 11:00 AM :)
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 26

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 13:26
As you start your interview prep, I thought it might be good to repost my interview experience. I hope you find it helpful. Also, the clear Admit interview reports are pretty good for prep as well - http://blog.clearadmit.com/category/int ... uke-fuqua/

You will be interviewing with a second year and if you are able to build a connection with him/her then it will not only help you with your application but also after the acceptance s/he will be a good support system. The few days after I was accepted my interviewer called me and we talked about a lot of things which really helped me get prepared for attending Duke.

---------------------------------------------

I stayed at the Hampton inn and suites, ($110/night) which is one of the newest hotel in durham and quite affordable. Rented a car ($55 total for 3days), which I think is necessary to get around in a spread out town.

Arrived at Duke around 9:30am, the assistant director of admissions was in the lobby and recognized me from the information sessions i had been to, so we talked for a few minutes before i joined the many applicants from Boston, DC,NY, Texas and international locations. I think I was the only one from west.

Met a lot of first year students and re-connected with some second years i knew from my last visit. Good times all around. Learnt lots of new things about Duke and listened to some amazing stories and backgrounds.

My interviewer was a second year with a background in pharma and consulting and we connected well over our conservation.

Interview questions we went over:
Walk me through your resume
Seems like you have some great experience,why do you want to get an MBA?
Some question specific to me and my goals and background.
Why Duke?
How do you handle feedback from your manager?
Conflict in a team example
Conflict as a manager example
Failure as a manager example
What is your leadership style?
Some more questions specific to me
How will you Contribute to Duke?
Any questions for me?

I enjoyed the conversation and relaxed atmosphere.
After the interview was Fuqua Friday where the students were packing lunches to fight hunger so it was good to see team Fuqua at work to help the community.
I met up with some second years I knew from before, tried the pumpkin Porter which was awesome and ate some good food at Fuqua Friday.
This is what comes to mind, but if you have any specific questions then please post and ill try to answer.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q39 V49
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 15:56
Thanks, Jokesta.
I'd not mind a preparation strategy from all you guys who sailed through the interviews. I have two more weeks for my interview.
It'd be great if you can share: websites with interview reports, preparation strategy and game day strategy.

Cheers
Current Student
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 20:12
A bit late posting this up - but I got the call as well!
Interviewing in Delhi on 5th/6th December.
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 21 Nov 2013, 20:12