Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 03:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Sep 2013
Posts: 110
Location: United States
Concentration: Nonprofit, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 82 [1] , given: 48

Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 08:45
1
This post received
KUDOS
8
This post was
BOOKMARKED




Prominent Current Students/Alumni Active on GMAT Club:


Stevenfuqua - Class of 2015
etoubes - Class of 2015
Bond007 - Class of 2015
theK - Class of 2015
Asimov - Class of 2012



Articles


Interview Tip: In-Person Interview w/ MBA Student or Alumnus
Culture, Location, and Support: A Duke MBA Speaks
IV with a Current Duke MBA Pursuing a Career in Healthcare



Dealing with a Ding - Webinar Recording





Attachment:
Dealing with a Ding.pdf [4.21 MiB]
Downloaded 11 times
To download please login or register as a user





Fuqua Social Media Updates

Tweets

FB Updates




Twitter Account of Liz Riley Hargrove — Associate Dean for Admissions
Twitter Account of Meredith Conder — Associate Director of Admissions
Fuqua Instagram
_________________

More thoughts at my blog: MBA the Nonprofit Way


Last edited by Narenn on 11 May 2014, 11:20, edited 22 times in total.
Social Media Updates
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1101
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 450 [0], given: 455

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 15:33
EA/R1. Let's begin this then!
Chat Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 520
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 200 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 17:38
Agreed jumsumtak, lets get this going!

I am also deciding between EA and R1.
_________________

My Applicant Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1123
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 19

Premium Member
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 18:42
Expert's post
Good luck on next application season.
_________________

Diversity

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Status: Current Tuckie!
Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 512
Location: United Kingdom
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 101

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 02:24
Mostly likely R1 for me
_________________

*Updated 25th July*: Embracing the downtime
Blog: http://domotron.wordpress.com

Elements of an MBA application series
GMAT (28/02) | Profile (11/03) | Networking / Research (01/04) | Recommendations (30/05) | Essays / Online applications | Interview

My 710 (Q50, V36) Debrief + 740 (Q48, V44) Update:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/710-q50-v36-phew-i-m-done-with-the-gmat-probably-150067.html

Please share your profiles for this application season below:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/2014-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-162160.html

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 208
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 90

Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 07:10
I'm in for EA... can someone plz explain the EA process to me... i've read that we have to be absolutely sure while applying for EA... does the applicant have to submit a large chunk of the fee, if accepted ??
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 07:17
kunzi wrote:
I'm in for EA... can someone plz explain the EA process to me... i've read that we have to be absolutely sure while applying for EA... does the applicant have to submit a large chunk of the fee, if accepted ??


Yes, 3K due before december; only apply EA if Fuqua is your first choice.
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1101
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 450 [0], given: 455

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 08:41
highwyre237 wrote:
kunzi wrote:
I'm in for EA... can someone plz explain the EA process to me... i've read that we have to be absolutely sure while applying for EA... does the applicant have to submit a large chunk of the fee, if accepted ??


Yes, 3K due before december; only apply EA if Fuqua is your first choice.



Also, EA at Fuqua is binding. They ask you to withdraw all other applications if you are admitted.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 208
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 90

Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 05:27
whoa... thazz a huge deal... thanx for the info guyz :)

jumsumtak wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
kunzi wrote:
I'm in for EA... can someone plz explain the EA process to me... i've read that we have to be absolutely sure while applying for EA... does the applicant have to submit a large chunk of the fee, if accepted ??


Yes, 3K due before december; only apply EA if Fuqua is your first choice.



Also, EA at Fuqua is binding. They ask you to withdraw all other applications if you are admitted.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2012
Posts: 63
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.59
WE: Accounting (Law)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 40 [1] , given: 18

Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 16:56
1
This post received
KUDOS
Just a note to those who really want to get ahead of the game. I talked with the admissions team and they said the essays from 2013 will for the most part remain unchanged. They REALLY enjoyed the 25 random things essay and are looking to do it again this year. The ones they told me that will more than likely be on the 2014 application are (don't quote me on this):

1. What are your short-term goals, post-MBA?
2. What are your long-term goals?

1. The "Team Fuqua" spirit and community is one of the things that sets The Duke MBA experience apart, and it is a concept that extends beyond the student body to include faculty, staff, and administration. When a new person joins the Admissions Team, we ask that person to share with everyone in the office a list of "25 Random Things About Yourself." As an Admissions team, we already know the new hire's professional and academic background, so learning these "25 Random Things" helps us get to know someone's personality, background, special talents, and more.

In this spirit, the Admissions Committee also wants to get to know you - beyond the professional and academic achievements listed in your resume and transcript. You can share with us important life experiences, your likes/dislikes, hobbies, achievements, fun facts, or anything that helps us understand what makes you who you are. Share with us your list of "25 Random Things" about YOU.

Please present your response in list form, numbered 1 to 25. Some points may be only a few words, while others may be longer. Your complete list should not exceed 2 pages.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 17:07
kple12 wrote:
Just a note to those who really want to get ahead of the game. I talked with the admissions team and they said the essays from 2013 will for the most part remain unchanged. They REALLY enjoyed the 25 random things essay and are looking to do it again this year. The ones they told me that will more than likely be on the 2014 application are (don't quote me on this):

1. What are your short-term goals, post-MBA?
2. What are your long-term goals?

1. The "Team Fuqua" spirit and community is one of the things that sets The Duke MBA experience apart, and it is a concept that extends beyond the student body to include faculty, staff, and administration. When a new person joins the Admissions Team, we ask that person to share with everyone in the office a list of "25 Random Things About Yourself." As an Admissions team, we already know the new hire's professional and academic background, so learning these "25 Random Things" helps us get to know someone's personality, background, special talents, and more.

In this spirit, the Admissions Committee also wants to get to know you - beyond the professional and academic achievements listed in your resume and transcript. You can share with us important life experiences, your likes/dislikes, hobbies, achievements, fun facts, or anything that helps us understand what makes you who you are. Share with us your list of "25 Random Things" about YOU.

Please present your response in list form, numbered 1 to 25. Some points may be only a few words, while others may be longer. Your complete list should not exceed 2 pages.


I'm glad they're keeping that one, it was by far my favorite essay question of the app season
Chat Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 520
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 200 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 18:45
I really enjoy the 25 things as well - I was hoping that one stayed.
_________________

My Applicant Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Status: Current Tuckie!
Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 512
Location: United Kingdom
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 101

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 06:21
Good stuff, this gives us a partial head start on the Fuqua app. I know it's not 100% certain that the 25 things will be part of the app this year but the link below shows how a few Fuqua bloggers tackled the question.

http://blogs.fuqua.duke.edu/duke-mba/tag/25-random-things/
_________________

*Updated 25th July*: Embracing the downtime
Blog: http://domotron.wordpress.com

Elements of an MBA application series
GMAT (28/02) | Profile (11/03) | Networking / Research (01/04) | Recommendations (30/05) | Essays / Online applications | Interview

My 710 (Q50, V36) Debrief + 740 (Q48, V44) Update:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/710-q50-v36-phew-i-m-done-with-the-gmat-probably-150067.html

Please share your profiles for this application season below:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/2014-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-162160.html

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1101
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 450 [1] , given: 455

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 09:00
1
This post received
KUDOS
Well, hate to be 'that' guy, but 25 things question can be pretty nightmarish for re-applicants.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 10:12
jumsumtak wrote:
Well, hate to be 'that' guy, but 25 things question can be pretty nightmarish for re-applicants.


I wonder if you'd have to come up with a new 25. 25 random things I can do, 50... I dont think so
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 214
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE: Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 40

Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 09:40
Does anyone know when it will be officially posted?

Also, is the early action round easier to get into than the normal rounds?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 138 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 09:49
dave785 wrote:
Does anyone know when it will be officially posted?

Also, is the early action round easier to get into than the normal rounds?


I would say that it is slighty easier to get in, just because of the fact that you are already showing a strong interest in school and have all the 450 spots available. With that said, I doubt that chances are significantly higher. If you are ready by EA and have Duke as your number 1 choice, then you should absolutely go for it.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 214
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE: Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 40

Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 10:09
hailmary620 wrote:
dave785 wrote:
Does anyone know when it will be officially posted?

Also, is the early action round easier to get into than the normal rounds?


I would say that it is slighty easier to get in, just because of the fact that you are already showing a strong interest in school and have all the 450 spots available. With that said, I doubt that chances are significantly higher. If you are ready by EA and have Duke as your number 1 choice, then you should absolutely go for it.


Will I be able to hear back from other schools (Round 1) before I have to submit the Duke EA deposit? My top 3 choices are Duke, Chicago, and UCLA... although I'm not necessarily sure in that order. Each has pros and cons and each is an amazing school.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 10:31
dave785 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
dave785 wrote:
Does anyone know when it will be officially posted?

Also, is the early action round easier to get into than the normal rounds?


I would say that it is slighty easier to get in, just because of the fact that you are already showing a strong interest in school and have all the 450 spots available. With that said, I doubt that chances are significantly higher. If you are ready by EA and have Duke as your number 1 choice, then you should absolutely go for it.


Will I be able to hear back from other schools (Round 1) before I have to submit the Duke EA deposit? My top 3 choices are Duke, Chicago, and UCLA... although I'm not necessarily sure in that order. Each has pros and cons and each is an amazing school.


Only apply EA if Duke is your first choice. Otherwise apply R1.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2012
Posts: 63
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.59
WE: Accounting (Law)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 18

Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 11:28
hailmary620 wrote:
dave785 wrote:
Does anyone know when it will be officially posted?

Also, is the early action round easier to get into than the normal rounds?


I would say that it is slighty easier to get in, just because of the fact that you are already showing a strong interest in school and have all the 450 spots available. With that said, I doubt that chances are significantly higher. If you are ready by EA and have Duke as your number 1 choice, then you should absolutely go for it.


This is just my opinion, but Duke is EXTREMELY big on an applicant being a "fit". With that being said, in my opinion, if Duke is truly your #1 choice and you make that explicit in your essays, interviews, etc., then EA will give you a leg up. If you're lukewarm to Duke or if you're just doing EA as a "safe" option, they will pick up on this and EA will just be a "slight" advantage. Also, if you're serious about Duke EA, then visit the campus before then. I'm not sure if you can apply to EA without a campus visit, but the admissions people did tell me they question the seriousness of all EA applicants who have NOT visited the campus beforehand (barring some extraordinary circumstance like you're from out of the country).

In other words, EA in my opinion will benefit you the most if Duke is truly you're #1 option and if you're willing to crawl naked on broken glass to go there (that got me a few chuckles from current students). Otherwise, go for R1 and keep your options open.

Last edited by kple12 on 07 May 2013, 11:36, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Fuqua (Duke): Full Time MBA 2014 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 07 May 2013, 11:28
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Calling all Duke-Fuqua Accepted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) neo656 4 30 Oct 2014, 23:56
152 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 politricks 431 24 Jun 2014, 05:10
18 Experts publish their posts in the topic Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Admitted applicants thread! hailmary 155 07 Nov 2013, 05:03
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Fuqua(Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all Waitlisted applicants mbamyway 90 07 Nov 2013, 04:45
80 Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! isa 989 10 Jul 2008, 19:05
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  82    Next  [ 1640 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.