Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 16:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GAMT How???

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GAMT How??? [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2005, 01:07
Hi everyone,

I need your valueable Advise for GMAT strategy.

I am a CS graduate working in IT for last 3 years and am looking forward to start Graduate Studies next year. I am located in Germany, so not many GMAT/GRE courses and study groups are available here.

- GPA 3.0 on 4 Scale
- TOEFL 265 Computerbased
- GMAT score i am targeting is in range of 550-610.

I am applying for a certain state school for an MIS degree and the score in above range will fully suffice the requirement. I have registered for the GMAT on 17th October and have abt 2.5 Months for preperation.

Since i work fulltime during the Week. I can only manage to do 1.5-2 Hrs everyday before going to work and the Weekends. Can anyone here please give me Advise how to utilise these 2.5 Months to get a GMAT-Score in range of 55o-610?

What have i done so far:
I started my GMAT prep in the begining of year and until now during all this period i had various time gaps of 2-3 months in my preperation because of work load at job but i am still trying to stick to it.

MATHS:
Since its been a couple of years since i graduated my Math has became quite rusty. I started my GMAT prep in the begining of year and went thru the GMAT/GRE Math Refresher Book for basic concepts. After that i started working on KAPLAN GMAT and ve so far thru the Problem Solving part. Currently i am doing the Maths problems in GMAT official Guide.

What i always get struck into is Geometry and sometime Permutation/Probability. An tips for that....

VERBAL:
What i ve done so far is go thru the Critical Reasoning section in KAPLAN book and am about to start with KAPLAN Verbal book..
I have no idea or practice of the other 2 section Sentence Correction and Reading comp. How should i get along in the remaining time for these sections?

Many heartly thanks to anyone answering. I hope i will be able to contribute on the fOrum later on with my own GMAT experience.

regards

WAQ

An apple a day...

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Verbal is Trouble.... [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2005, 08:01
Hi,

I did KAPLAN GMAT and Verbal for CR and am coming clear with that, can mostly figure out the answer but at the same time i am finding SC pretty complicated and some times annoying (speically the Pronoun/Descriptive part .. ) and Style mistakes.

Is there are any good resource for these topics available on web.
I will be greatful for any tips...

WAQ

An apple a day...

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 157 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2005, 09:19
One of the best grammar site you can find: http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/index2.htm

I learned all my grammar there. Furthermore, for advice I would suggest you to read the stickies in the "share your experience" forum. If you want verbal tips, read the stickies in the "verbal" forum. If you want good discussions on verbal questions, you can go to "best of verbal" forum.

Best Regards,

Paul

[#permalink] 31 Jul 2005, 09:19