Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 00:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gave GMAT more than once got 490 first then 720 is it bad ??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 08-22-2013
GPA: 2.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Gave GMAT more than once got 490 first then 720 is it bad ?? [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 15:09
I gave GMAT 3 times got 450 first time then 490 second time and then 720 this time.

I have sent the scores of all these 3 attempts to my aspiring B-Schools and I am really freaked out right now.

Have I done wrong , I mean is it a bad thing to send score 490 then 720.

Please Help !!!!!!!!! :cry:
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Chat Moderator
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Gave GMAT more than once got 490 first then 720 is it bad ?? [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 15:16
nick1988 wrote:
I gave GMAT 3 times got 450 first time then 490 second time and then 720 this time.

I have sent the scores of all these 3 attempts to my aspiring B-Schools and I am really freaked out right now.

First, congrats on some AWESOME improvement. 450 to 720 is fantastic.

Second, no it does not matter that you have lower scores on your score report & that they have been sent to the school's you're interested in. Schools only consider your top score. (except for Tuck, among others, that look at your best combined split...that doesn't seem like it'll be an issue since I am assuming both your quant and verbal scores on the 720 are higher than the quant and verbal scores on the either of the previous exams).

Congrats! Focus on your applications now!

My Applicant Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 9

Re: Gave GMAT more than once got 490 first then 720 is it bad ?? [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 16:41
Wow! That's an amazing improvement in your score. Congratulations!

You've done nothing wrong, and you have no need for concern. You may be asked about the score difference in an interview. So, my only advice would be to have a good response prepared for that.

I hope this is helpful. If I can provide additional I formation, feel free to contact me.

Maybe you should become a GMAT test consultant and share your secret with others!

Best regards,

Wendy Flynn
MBA Admissions Coach
Wendylflynn89@gmail.com

Wendy

Wendy Flynn
15 Years as Director of MBA Admissions - Now Working For the Applicants as the MBA Admissions Coach
Wendy Flynn is the MBA Admissions Coach, providing comprehensive MBA admissions consulting services. As the former Director of MBA Admissions for 15 years at a top-30 MBA pgoram, Wendy holds deep expertise in admissions issues for Full-Time, Executive and Professional (Part-Time) MBA Programs. Through her blog, MBA Expert Insights, she brings the view of the Director of MBA admissions to MBA applicants and others.

WendyLFlynn89@gmail.com
Web: http://MBAAdmissionsCoach.com
MBA Expert Insights Blog: http://www.mbaadmissionscoach.com/blog/
Facebook: http://Facebook.com/MBAAdmissionsCoach
Twitter: http://www.Twitter.com/WendyLFlynn
Member of the AIGAC, Association of International Graduate Admissions Counselors

Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 6

Re: Gave GMAT more than once got 490 first then 720 is it bad ?? [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 01:45
Hi Nick,

Hats-off on remarkable performance!! :)

B-schools consider the highest score, so need not to worry about it. Meanwhile, try your chances in b-schools by clicking http://tinyurl.com/c6b6qcu

Cheers!!
Neha

nick1988 wrote:

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 523 [1] , given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Gave GMAT more than once got 490 first then 720 is it bad ?? [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 04:17
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Niiiiiiice!!
You don't need any more help. You have given yourself all the help you need by getting your 720.

The only thing you need help with maybe, is drinking that nice bottle of champagne. And if you need help there, I'm always ready!

:lol:

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Last edited by JonAdmissionado on 03 Jul 2013, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GC Meter: A.W.E.S.O.M.E
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 239

Reviews Badge
Re: Gave GMAT more than once got 490 first then 720 is it bad ?? [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2013, 10:01
congrats on a great score! Bschools take the best score into consideration. People have attempted gmat 5 times and gotten to Harvard. :).

If you think it might be your weakness, you can always use optional essay to clear things out :) and throw a skill or two there ;).

You haven't failed, if you haven't given up!
---
bschooladmit
Visit my Blog www.bschooladmit.wordpress.com

Check out my other posts:
Bschool Deadlines 2013-2014 | Bschool Admission Events 2013 Start your GMAT Prep with Stacey Koprince | Get a head start in MBA finance

Re: Gave GMAT more than once got 490 first then 720 is it bad ??   [#permalink] 03 Jul 2013, 10:01