Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 12:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gave my GMAT Today!!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Gave my GMAT Today!!!! [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2003, 18:35
Hi everybody!
Thanks for all ur inputs and special thanks to BB for his absolutely wonderful site, which is a need for anyone aspiring for GMAT.

I got 640 (Q 49, V29) hmmmmm sure I'm not the other one's on this site who score 700+ but anyways I couldn't have got better after such a huge gap in my studies. And this score serves the purpose for which I was working. Although I was working towards 700, but as my RC and CR were pretty bad I didn't had much hopes.

To start with Q was a cake walk.
Probability: was so damn easy that i dont have word to describe here. It was not even 1% of Stolyar's probability. I got 2 questions, first was P(A) and P(B) are given u've to find P(A) *P(B), 2nd one was how to arrange n books out of so many books, I hope its clear.
Then there was one range Q that one time the range is this and the other time the range is this what is the minimum range for the whole period.
Rest were all very basic questions in DS, which are in loads in OG.
My first question was a complicated fraction to look a but very simple to solve.

I'm not sharing my verbal experience as my score can tell u better that I'm not qualified to do so.

U r most welcome to ask for any inputs
Yes My PP was 710, 750 and GMAT Paper test were all 750 (3)
Kaplan was 640,570, 610

Bye and best of luck in your preparations.
aps_can
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Compound Interst [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2003, 18:40
Yes one more thing, I just remembered to brush up compund interest and its formula. and u wont belive only one question came on CI and it just required the figures to be put in the formula.
2- work problems of usual types were there.
2- Speed Distance Q
DS was very very simple no modules.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2003, 20:56
Hi aps_can!

Congratulations! I remember about a month ago you posted about your concerns about the GMAT getting harder and now that you managed to kick some GMAT tail you must be very relieved!

About your quant experience, quite refreshing to hear someone endorse the OG and not say it's "irrelevant" and such. However, did you encounter many disguised or trick type questions? Did you end up guessing on any of the questions?

Get with the program!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2003, 21:11
aps_can...WOW..great score, and you should be very proud!!! 8-)

Can you give examples of similar work problems and similar rate problems to the ones that you got on the test?

Sept 3rd

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2003, 12:09
Congrats aps_can. It sounds like your quant experience seems to be in line with the OG. That hasn't been everyone's experience lately, but I guess GMAC and ETS throws different types of questions for different test takers.
Manager
Manager

GMAT [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2003, 11:48
No fortunately enough there was not a single question except the Range question I posted, in which I 'd any problem it was simple easy and smooth cake walk, when I finished the test I knew this is going to be my score. So u can imagine!!!

About work problem it was related with money like if one does a work and is paid @ $x per hour and there is a fixed cost added to it then whats the diff in the cost if both work together.???

And the speed time distance was very simple, the figures were given in x y and z and we were required to give the distance in terms of xy and z.

aps_can
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2003, 01:28
Hi Congrats on ur score....well ur quant score is really good. Wanted to ask the members how accurate are scores given by princeton and other tests . Coz I am having an absolute nightmare understanding them. Its been a month since I started preparations and this weekend I decided togive the Prince ton test 1 . I got 32 right in Quant and 32 right in Verbal but my score read Quant -44 and Verbal-34(Cant belive it!) and total score read 620. I had given a PP last weekand after 3 weeks of preparation to assess my progress and scored a 680 .And I feel I improved upon my verbal in the Princeton test but the score is so weird. Sojust wanted to aask u guys if the score on the tests other than PP are really indicative. I felt the questions were ofm the same level on both the tests. Also I have heard the first 5 questions count more than the rest. How true is that...Well guys thid forum is really wonderful and with comments coming from everywhere it really bolsters ones preparations. Keep the good workgoing folks.!

cheers
neeraj
Manager
Manager

GMAT [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2003, 07:00
Its more important to see how many u do wrong and what score u get on PR and other test is not so important as much as knowing how many u did wrong and do u understand why u did them wrong. My experience sasys GMAT Math is not tough maths, it is also not requiring too many calculations it simple and straight and solving these tough questions on PR and Kaplan u start seeing the questions to understand whats being asked and once u understand that its as simple as doing 2+2 =4
And I got such simple fraction as my first question so I fail to understand that hypothesis that first few quesions on GMAT are tough. The second was a simple data sufficiency problem and a tougher of the two work problems came almost in the end and the simpler was there in 1st five.Rest is up to u to assume
Manager
Manager

Re: GMAT [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2003, 23:40
aps_can wrote:
No fortunately enough there was not a single question except the Range question I posted, in which I 'd any problem it was simple easy and smooth cake walk, when I finished the test I knew this is going to be my score. So u can imagine!!!

About work problem it was related with money like if one does a work and is paid @ $x per hour and there is a fixed cost added to it then whats the diff in the cost if both work together.???

And the speed time distance was very simple, the figures were given in x y and z and we were required to give the distance in terms of xy and z.

aps_can

Could you please post a link to where you posted that Range question !! :shock:
Manager
Manager

GMAT [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2003, 07:46
Its here only go to my first posting and read it carefully
Manager
Manager

Re: GMAT [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2003, 22:18
aps_can wrote:
Its here only go to my first posting and read it carefully

Found.

BTW, can you share (just change them a little bit) those three problems that you still can not solve from your previous exam?
Re: GMAT   [#permalink] 01 Sep 2003, 22:18