Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Apr 2014, 23:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gave my GMAT today..... please advice on my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Gave my GMAT today..... please advice on my profile [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2010, 13:47
Hi all.

After 3.5 months of hardcore preparation, investing around 200+ hours in preparation, money and giving 15+ mock test i finally gave my GMAT today.
It was a BIG disappointment. In last 5 mock test (3 GMAT prep and 2 ManhattanGMAT) i scored lowest of 680 and highest of 710.
Today on final i scored 610 .... BIG SHOCK !!

I am looking for top 20 business schools in US, top 10 in UK(Cambridge. Oxford, Cranfield, Manchester school, Lancaster business school) and top in Europe (HEC , IESE) and Asia (Honkong Uni etc ...).

Please advice on my profile (Will retake if you experts advice so.)
==========================================================

GMAT :
-------
Q : 46
V : 28

Work Exp :
--------------
-- Sector : IT
-- 5.5 Years (2 In India and 3.5 in UK)
-- Current role : Module Leader and play critical role for business.
-- Excellent career progression :
- Played various roles in short span of time (Senior developer -> Solution Architect -> On-site coordinator ->
lead support analyst -> Module leader)
-Various awards and nominations from Employer and clients (Top 20 employee of the year, attitude award etc)
-Promoted twice in last 8 months and with 3 salary increments.
-Currently in charge for data integrity (happening between Loyds banking group and my client) worth millions of
pounds.

Recommendations :
--------------------
Will get excellent recommendations from My Project manager and client delivery manager.

Qualifications :
----------------------
-- First Class Master's degree in computer application.
-- Post graduate Diploma from National institute of information technology.
-- Oracle certifications

Extra curricular :
-------------------
-- Wrote and directed many play since school times.
-- Have written many small scripts to be made into short non-profit commercial to develop public awareness in
India.
-- Financing two girls child education in India, promoting the same and so far have convinced 23 people to
sponsor 28 children's education.
-- Like cooking, have recently published a small book of Indian recipe that was sold across 5 business units of
client in UK to generate a revenue of £2500 for sports relief.
-- Have spend lot of time trekking and camping with Indian Marine commandos.
-- Have done space selling for a leading newspaper in India.
-- Have great knowledge about Indian mythology and culture and like discussing and knowing mythology and
culture of others to form a best of both Indian and foreign culture.
-- Have studied in Various places in Mumbai and have learned a lot about diversity and integrity in diversity.

Please advice if 610 is not sufficient, i am ready to work harder and retake after 6 weeks.
If i need to retake what should be my minimum score for my target colleges.

I am really disappointed today and any advice will be really helpful.

Many thanks in Advance.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 53

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Gave my GMAT today..... please advice on my profile [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2010, 14:11
I would probably re-take it since you were getting much higher on your practice exams and most likely would improve. I bet you know the material, just had a hard time focusing during the test and realized you were short on time and started panicking. Maybe work on your timing strategy and calming your nerves and give it another shot.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Gave my GMAT today..... please advice on my profile [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2010, 14:20
Michmax3 wrote:
I would probably re-take it since you were getting much higher on your practice exams and most likely would improve. I bet you know the material, just had a hard time focusing during the test and realized you were short on time and started panicking. Maybe work on your timing strategy and calming your nerves and give it another shot.

Yes you are absolutely right ... the timing was not issue as much as i lost neves in Quant and then it haunted me all the way till Verbal.
My verbal minimum was 34 in practice but i bombed in real... though i though i was doing real well.
A 680 would have made me happy.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SigEp

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 9

Re: Gave my GMAT today..... please advice on my profile [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2010, 15:07
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Gave my GMAT today..... please advice on my profile [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 09:29
Hey ,

I got in to Lancaster on 600 and Rotterdam and Simon school . i also got in two schools in Hongkong and was on a waitlist at georgetown .Also, i pretty much a take a guarantee on lancaster.

Iam simon school US alum and can atleast recommend your name as a good candidate after i have spoken to you.

Would like to know a little more about your profile, your career goals and would love to help you with your apps and essays.

Just think positive, take GMAT again ( if need be , actually i would also advise , but give yourself a month atleast , ) think about abraham lincoln , think about that line Winners never quit ...

if your career goals are reasonable , am sure you will pretty much achieve what most achieve going to a top 30 school.

Would like to discuss your profile and career goals , schools that you aspire to get in to...

Please write to me , rahul at mbadream dot in or mbadream2907 at gmail dot com

Rahul
world wide web dot mbadream dot in

chauhan2011 wrote:
Hi all.

After 3.5 months of hardcore preparation, investing around 200+ hours in preparation, money and giving 15+ mock test i finally gave my GMAT today.
It was a BIG disappointment. In last 5 mock test (3 GMAT prep and 2 ManhattanGMAT) i scored lowest of 680 and highest of 710.

I am looking for top 20 business schools in US, top 10 in UK(Cambridge. Oxford, Cranfield, Manchester school, Lancaster business school) and top in Europe (HEC , IESE) and Asia (Honkong Uni etc ...).

GMAT :
-------

Work Exp :
--------------
- Played various roles in short span of time (Senior developer -> Solution Architect -> On-site coordinator ->
-Various awards and nominations from Employer and clients (Top 20 employee of the year, attitude award etc)
-Currently in charge for data integrity (happening between Loyds banking group and my client) worth millions of
pounds.

Recommendations :
--------------------
Will get excellent recommendations from My Project manager and client delivery manager.

Qualifications :
----------------------
-- Oracle certifications

Extra curricular :
-------------------
-- Have written many small scripts to be made into short non-profit commercial to develop public awareness in
India.
-- Financing two girls child education in India, promoting the same and so far have convinced 23 people to
-- Like cooking, have recently published a small book of Indian recipe that was sold across 5 business units of
-- Have great knowledge about Indian mythology and culture and like discussing and knowing mythology and
-- Have studied in Various places in Mumbai and have learned a lot about diversity and integrity in diversity.

Please advice if 610 is not sufficient, i am ready to work harder and retake after 6 weeks.

Many thanks in Advance.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Gave my GMAT today..... please advice on my profile [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 09:36
Hey ,

I got in to Lancaster on 600 and Rotterdam and Simon school . i also got in two schools in Hongkong and was on a waitlist at georgetown .Also, i pretty much a take a guarantee on lancaster.

Iam simon school US alum and can atleast recommend your name as a good candidate after i have spoken to you.

Would like to know a little more about your profile, your career goals and would love to help you with your apps and essays.

Just think positive, take GMAT again ( if need be , actually i would also advise , but give yourself a month atleast , ) think about abraham lincoln , think about that line Winners never quit ...

if your career goals are reasonable , am sure you will pretty much achieve what most achieve going to a top 30 school.

Would like to discuss your profile and career goals , schools that you aspire to get in to...

Please write to me , rahul at mbadream dot in or mbadream2907 at gmail dot com

Rahul
world wide web dot mbadream dot in

chauhan2011 wrote:
Hi all.

GMAT :
-------

Work Exp :
--------------
pounds.

Recommendations :
--------------------

Qualifications :
----------------------
-- Oracle certifications

Extra curricular :
-------------------
India.

Many thanks in Advance.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Gave my GMAT today..... please advice on my profile [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2010, 08:57
Hi,

We think that your should retake GMAT for sure ( and you know that already) because since you are from an IT background it will be almost next to impossible to make it the schools you have listed with a 610.

Give yourself a better chance and work for a month or so on verbal. You might find this useful: http://gmatcoaching.com/gmat-videos.php?id=2

Apphelp Team

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy

Preparing for GMAT? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP (apphelp.co.in)
Phone: +91 9871354580
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/apphelpconsulting

Re: Gave my GMAT today..... please advice on my profile   [#permalink] 26 Aug 2010, 08:57