Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
svudayag wrote:
Thank You Linda...
General Mgmt career is so generic - can you tell me or direct me where I can get good info regarding General Mgmt career and how it looks like..( i had few thoughts from Vault.com and MBA.com.....

Also, regarding schools I am actually in a dilemma whether to go for a one year or two year MBA pgm....Also, the schools I am thinking of appying are:

Harvard, MIT, CMU, Darden...and thinking of good one year MBA programs as well....Do you think I've good chances at Kellogg and Stanford?

Thanks A lottttttttttttttttttttt :)
Satish

You're right that the term general management is generic, and you are smart to try to sharpen your goal.

You have said you want to be in general management in IT. Narrow it down further: project management in software, hardware, communications, or ?? How do you clarify your desired career path? Talk to those who are a few years ahead of you. Visit Axechick's blog to see how one MBA applicants has worked hard to clarify her goal and research her career path.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I've read the blog you mentioned - it was quite helpful to findout the kinda research people must put :) Thank you Linda.

Could you let me know the schools I've choosen are good and realisitic for me? Also, based on my profile, could you suggest me some good one year MBA programs?

I am cut-pasting my profile for your easy reference

Currently, a project lead in an IT firm supervising the efforts of around 20 people in multiple projects (Lotta leadership and managerial experiences)

Post-MBA Goal: Senior Mgr in IT industry with focus on financial services sector.

Mid-term Goal : After 3-4 years - General Mgmt career.

Brief Profile:

GPA : 3.8 (Top Engineering school from India)
GMAT: 730 (Q-50; V-40; AWA: 5.5) - 97%

Work Exp: 6.5 yrs in IT industry (lotta leadership and extra-curricular activities)

Thanks,
Satish
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
svudayag wrote:
I've read the blog you mentioned - it was quite helpful to findout the kinda research people must put :) Thank you Linda.

Could you let me know the schools I've choosen are good and realisitic for me? Also, based on my profile, could you suggest me some good one year MBA programs?

I am cut-pasting my profile for your easy reference

Currently, a project lead in an IT firm supervising the efforts of around 20 people in multiple projects (Lotta leadership and managerial experiences)

Post-MBA Goal: Senior Mgr in IT industry with focus on financial services sector.

Mid-term Goal : After 3-4 years - General Mgmt career.

Brief Profile:

GPA : 3.8 (Top Engineering school from India)
GMAT: 730 (Q-50; V-40; AWA: 5.5) - 97%

Work Exp: 6.5 yrs in IT industry (lotta leadership and extra-curricular activities)

Thanks,
Satish

You wrote in another post that you are intersted in "Harvard, MIT, CMU, Darden...and thinking of good one year MBA programs as well....Do you think I've good chances at Kellogg and Stanford?"

Harvard and Stanford are stretch shcools. You have a competitive profile for the other schools on your list. In terms of one-year programs, look into INSEAD, IMD, CBS' accelerated program, and Cornell's TMO.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]