Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 05:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

General Mills FLDP vs. ZS Associates Consulting

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

General Mills FLDP vs. ZS Associates Consulting [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2010, 17:09
So I posted a few days ago that I had received an offer from General Mills FLDP program (I am an undergrad/msf graduate so this is entry level, not post-MBA). Now a consulting firm named ZS Associates is looking to interview me. I will need to make a decision quickly if I receive an offer (within the next 2 weeks) so I would appreciate advice. I know these two companies are in completely different industries and are completely different jobs altogether. I just wanted to know if anyone had opinions or knowledge of both of these programs, especially ZS Associates. I don't really know what to make of them as a boutique consulting firm. Thanks in advance for the help.

P.S. I am looking to pursue an MBA in the future if this makes any difference.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 701 [0], given: 5

Re: General Mills FLDP vs. ZS Associates Consulting [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 18:06
Consulting and FLDP are going to have very different lifes. I do have some friends who worked for ZS and then went to Kellogg. One I believe went back and got it paid for. ZS I believe is very quant heavy, from what I know that is their niche. You need to decide what is right for you based on who you are...not what some MBA board says.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: General Mills FLDP vs. ZS Associates Consulting [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 00:16
Thanks Riv. Quant Heavy = no go for me. I don't have any interest in that type of work. I had no idea that they were "quant heavy" so that's good to know.
VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 17

Re: General Mills FLDP vs. ZS Associates Consulting [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 07:19
riverripper wrote:
ZS I believe is very quant heavy, from what I know that is their niche.

They are very analytically driven, but focused on sales & marketing consulting with a pretty heavy emphasis on the biotech/pharma industry.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: General Mills FLDP vs. ZS Associates Consulting [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2010, 13:59
FLDP is just as quant heavy as consulting...it's a rotational program in finance. i don't think you can go wrong either way; ZS and General Mills are both resume boosters, and it'll set you up on a nice career trajectory.

i would choose based on location, pay, and personal goals. don't choose based on which position is going to get you into a better ranked MBA program. make the most of whichever path you take, and you'll be set.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: General Mills FLDP vs. ZS Associates Consulting [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2010, 23:50
ZS is surely aquant heavy. my one friend worked with them for a year and was very happy with the kind of work experience. he is now in ross and he said it really helped him during interviews.
Re: General Mills FLDP vs. ZS Associates Consulting   [#permalink] 23 Dec 2010, 23:50