Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 07:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

General: The commander of the Air Force has recommended that

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

General: The commander of the Air Force has recommended that [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2009, 04:28
This post received
KUDOS
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

100% (02:52) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 10 sessions
General: The commander of the Air Force has recommended that we deploy the G28 aircraft in the reconnaissance mission, because the G28 can fly lower to the ground without being detected and could therefore retrieve the necessary information more efficiently than the currently stationed D12. But the D12 is already in the area and poised for takeoff, and would have just enough time to accomplish the mission if deployed immediately, while the G28 would require four days just to arrive in the area and get outfitted for the mission. Since the mission's deadline is immovable, I am forced to overrule the commander's recommendation and order the deployment of the D12.
Which of the following is assumed in the general's argument?
(A) The quality of information retrieved from the mission would be higher if the D12 were deployed than if the G28 were deployed.
(B) By the time the G28 arrived in the area and was outfitted for the mission, the D12 would have already completed the mission if deployed immediately.
(C) The ability of an aircraft to fly low to the ground is not a significant consideration when choosing aircraft for a reconnaissance mission.
(D) It would take longer for any aircraft not currently in the area besides the G28 to arrive in the area and get outfitted for the mission.
(E) Any time saved during the mission due to the operation of the more efficient G28 would not offset the additional time required to deploy the G28.

I wonder why C is not the answer. Many thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 5

Re: ask a kaplan800 question [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2009, 09:10
I will go with E.

I think the reason C is not right is because the general never disregards the Commanders recommendation of having a low flying plane. The General just overrides the recommendation purely from a deadline / mission perspective.

What's the OA?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogs, Darden, Stern, Tepper
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 15

Re: ask a kaplan800 question [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2009, 13:58
I would go with B. what is th OA?

Give and Take Kudos! if you are benefitted from a post!

Director
Director
WE 1: 7years (Financial Services - Consultant, BA)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 189 [0], given: 106

Re: ask a kaplan800 question [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2009, 21:47
E

Consider kudos for the good post ... :beer
My debrief : journey-670-to-720-q50-v36-long-85083.html

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: ask a kaplan800 question [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2009, 02:48
Jivana wrote:
I will go with E.

I think the reason C is not right is because the general never disregards the Commanders recommendation of having a low flying plane. The General just overrides the recommendation purely from a deadline / mission perspective.

What's the OA?

I got it! OA: E ~~~ many thanks
mokri wrote:
I would go with B. what is th OA?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 92

Re: General: The commander of the Air Force has recommended that [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2013, 11:26
This post received
KUDOS
yyc881123 wrote:
General: The commander of the Air Force has recommended that we deploy the G28 aircraft in the reconnaissance mission, because the G28 can fly lower to the ground without being detected and could therefore retrieve the necessary information more efficiently than the currently stationed D12. But the D12 is already in the area and poised for takeoff, and would have just enough time to accomplish the mission if deployed immediately, while the G28 would require four days just to arrive in the area and get outfitted for the mission. Since the mission's deadline is immovable, I am forced to overrule the commander's recommendation and order the deployment of the D12.
Which of the following is assumed in the general's argument?
(A) The quality of information retrieved from the mission would be higher if the D12 were deployed than if the G28 were deployed.
(B) By the time the G28 arrived in the area and was outfitted for the mission, the D12 would have already completed the mission if deployed immediately.
(C) The ability of an aircraft to fly low to the ground is not a significant consideration when choosing aircraft for a reconnaissance mission.
(D) It would take longer for any aircraft not currently in the area besides the G28 to arrive in the area and get outfitted for the mission.
(E) Any time saved during the mission due to the operation of the more efficient G28 would not offset the additional time required to deploy the G28.

I wonder why C is not the answer. Many thanks

Why can't the ans be C?
the general is assuming that no other plane can perform the task better.

thanx in advance..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 291

Re: General: The commander of the Air Force has recommended that [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2013, 19:53
You really have to read the conclusion and get the gist. The conclusion talks all about the time and how time is is an important factor in the success of the mission. C is a trap. It is mentioned in the passage that D12 can still get the job done. Hence it is E.
Re: General: The commander of the Air Force has recommended that   [#permalink] 10 Oct 2013, 19:53