Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 07:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 10:40
From my conversations with a couple of students, I understand PSU places well in Supply Chain/Marketing roles. One gentleman is pursuing consulting in the federal sector.

For what it's worth I've heard MBB-type consulting firms are picking up their OCR at Gtown. Hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2012
Posts: 41
Location: India
Schools: Simon '15 (WL)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 00:56
Done with f2f interview with Associate Dean in New Delhi. All questions were standard..why MBA, career goals, Why GTown, team exp and leadership skills. At the end of interview she asked me about the other schools that I have applied. why did she ask that?

The result will be out by mid-march, long wait. All the best everyone. :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.06
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 11:29
saadhu wrote:
Done with f2f interview with Associate Dean in New Delhi. All questions were standard..why MBA, career goals, Why GTown, team exp and leadership skills. At the end of interview she asked me about the other schools that I have applied. why did she ask that?

The result will be out by mid-march, long wait. All the best everyone. :)


US applicant here. Did a f2f too, the adcom said that he didn't have a "set" of questions but that it would be more like a conversation...and then proceeded to ask all of the normal questions. The only unique one I got was to tell of an experience I had interacting with different cultures and how I was able to resolve any conflicts--probably indicative of Georgetown's diverse student body and the global interactions within the program.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 12:50
Just finished my Georgetown interview, and it didn't go as well as I would have wanted. Started very nervous, then could grip the tone much better... But I think it was too late: only 30 minute interview. :cry:
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.06
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 12:49
goedel wrote:
Just finished my Georgetown interview, and it didn't go as well as I would have wanted. Started very nervous, then could grip the tone much better... But I think it was too late: only 30 minute interview. :cry:


If it makes you feel better... Did my interview at a hotel, the confirmation email said to wait in the lobby for the interviewer. Got there 20 mins early. Waited. And waited. Now 5 mins past my interview appointment time. Ask hotel concierge to call interviewer's room to let him know his appointment was here. Concierge says "oh! you're supposed to meet him at the rooftop restaurant." Showed up 10 mins late to my interview. Fml.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2012
Posts: 56
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 19:29
genericuser1 wrote:
goedel wrote:
Just finished my Georgetown interview, and it didn't go as well as I would have wanted. Started very nervous, then could grip the tone much better... But I think it was too late: only 30 minute interview. :cry:


If it makes you feel better... Did my interview at a hotel, the confirmation email said to wait in the lobby for the interviewer. Got there 20 mins early. Waited. And waited. Now 5 mins past my interview appointment time. Ask hotel concierge to call interviewer's room to let him know his appointment was here. Concierge says "oh! you're supposed to meet him at the rooftop restaurant." Showed up 10 mins late to my interview. Fml.


I totally feel your pain. Same thing happened to me! I got there 20 minutes early, and told the concierge I was there for an interview with Georgetown. She told me to just have a seat and wait. I waited... and waited... and it's now 15 minutes past my interview appointment time. I thought maybe the previous interview was running long. Then, the concierge got a phone call. She asked me if I was waiting for an interview (isn't that what I told her when I got there?). She said to meet the interviewer on the roof. Yeah. 20 minutes late. The interviewer seemed very understanding anout thsituation and said that the concierge should have informed to let me know to head on up to the roof - that iit was probably a miscommunication. Shortest interview, ever. Hopefully this won't be held against us!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Posts: 123
Location: Canada
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [1] , given: 23

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 23:50
1
This post received
KUDOS
timbo0205 wrote:
For what it's worth I've heard MBB-type consulting firms are picking up their OCR at Gtown. Hope that helps.

I visited McDonough last week and the impression I got was that it's a school on the way up. I saw people getting internships and f/t gigs at Deloitte and a couple of other consulting firms but I didn't meet anyone who got into a white shoe firm. I think a few McDonough grads got into BCG last year though, which is not bad for a school of its size and ranking. The DC location and the Georgetown name is pretty powerful.

I also interviewed at the rooftop restaurant in LA and to be honest struggled a bit too. I started off okay with the small talk but when it came down to it I froze up a little... it was my first admissions interview though so I'm sure I'll do better at Kelley this week. In retrospect the questions weren't too hard (my questions were about teamwork, cultural diversity and leadership) but for some reason my brain wasn't cooperating at the time.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 40
Location: Australia
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 07:46
jxcho wrote:
timbo0205 wrote:
For what it's worth I've heard MBB-type consulting firms are picking up their OCR at Gtown. Hope that helps.

I visited McDonough last week and the impression I got was that it's a school on the way up. I saw people getting internships and f/t gigs at Deloitte and a couple of other consulting firms but I didn't meet anyone who got into a white shoe firm. I think a few McDonough grads got into BCG last year though, which is not bad for a school of its size and ranking. The DC location and the Georgetown name is pretty powerful.

I also interviewed at the rooftop restaurant in LA and to be honest struggled a bit too. I started off okay with the small talk but when it came down to it I froze up a little... it was my first admissions interview though so I'm sure I'll do better at Kelley this week. In retrospect the questions weren't too hard (my questions were about teamwork, cultural diversity and leadership) but for some reason my brain wasn't cooperating at the time.


I interviewed with adcom staff today and i thought it went alright. My questions were exactly the same (teamwork, cultural diversity and leadership) and the usual walk me through your resume, long term n short term goals, why mba, why now and why g-town. I was a bit nervous but tried to keep the conversation engaging and she certainly helped. Overall it was a very informal interview and nothing unexpected crept up. Now the long excruciating wait begins!!!!! :|
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Status: McDonough!
Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Location: Panama
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V43
GPA: 3.3
WE: Sales (Real Estate)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 25

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 15:15
1
This post received
KUDOS
Interviewed yesterday, 2/12

Questions asked:

Short/Long term goals
Why MBA
Why GT
Tell me a time when you have received constructive interview
Where do you plan to apply for an internship?
What do you believe your strenghts/weaknesses are for applying to the internship?

The experience was awesome. I hope I get in!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 14
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 11:13
Hey! Can anybody confirm if Georgetown has rolling results or everyone is informed a day or two before the notification date?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Posts: 123
Location: Canada
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 23

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 11:57
vishal2302 wrote:
Hey! Can anybody confirm if Georgetown has rolling results or everyone is informed a day or two before the notification date?

Everyone gets final notification on deadline day, which is March 15 for R2.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 May 2012
Posts: 130
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 27

Reviews Badge
Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 12:09
Had an on-campus interview last week with a full-time adcom member. Was expecting a student but he was a young guy. Pretty straightforward. Flew by, only 30 minutes or so but felt so fast. Probably a good thing.

Questions:

take me through your resume
what's your most proud accomplishment
why georgetown
tell me about a challenge in a team you were leading
tell me about a challenge in a team you weren't leading
tell me about a challenge in a multi-cultural environment
Why MBA
Questions for the interviewer

I feel pretty good about it. Very standard question/answer format.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 14
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 10:04
My friend of mine got an interview invite today (R2 applicant). We are from India, the email said the Adcom has already visited India so she has to schedule a skype interview.
I have already been interviewed. Now worried that they did not find good people..so they are calling new ones :P
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Posts: 72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 14

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 23:27
Can someone who has interviewed confirm whether these interviews are blind? Or, will the interviewer have read my application/resume?

(I'm assuming the policy would be the same for face-to-face and Skype interviews.)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 04:37
anon321 wrote:
Can someone who has interviewed confirm whether these interviews are blind? Or, will the interviewer have read my application/resume?

(I'm assuming the policy would be the same for face-to-face and Skype interviews.)



Blind.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 13

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 06:59
I got a couple of emails from admission committee and they asked some more questions about my career gap. I don't know whether it is a good sign or not. I will keep my fingers crossed for the final result on Mar, 15.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 145
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 07:37
holdieliel wrote:
I got a couple of emails from admission committee and they asked some more questions about my career gap. I don't know whether it is a good sign or not. I will keep my fingers crossed for the final result on Mar, 15.


I wouldn't worry about it. If they had doubts they would reject you without asking, so they want to give you the benefit for clarification.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 May 2012
Posts: 130
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 27

Reviews Badge
Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 07:38
1
This post received
KUDOS
RoyHalladay wrote:
holdieliel wrote:
I got a couple of emails from admission committee and they asked some more questions about my career gap. I don't know whether it is a good sign or not. I will keep my fingers crossed for the final result on Mar, 15.


I wouldn't worry about it. If they had doubts they would reject you without asking, so they want to give you the benefit for clarification.


Yea I agree, it means they're interested enough to ask. By the way when visiting for my interview I was really impressed with their facility. That is a sick building.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Posts: 123
Location: Canada
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 23

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 10:38
chains1910 wrote:
Yea I agree, it means they're interested enough to ask. By the way when visiting for my interview I was really impressed with their facility. That is a sick building.

I got a similar e-mail (regarding something else), and I don't want to read too much into it but I also think it's because they're at least looking at my application very seriously. (which is great because I bombed the interview) I like the building too, you can see everything from everywhere and even the Washington Monument!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Nov 2012
Posts: 7
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q V
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2013, 13:04
Does anyone have any information regarding chances of admission off of the waitlist? Has anyone ever met someone admitted off of the waitlist and if so what was the timeline of the process? Any information would be helpful?
Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 02 Mar 2013, 13:04
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
107 Experts publish their posts in the topic McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! kaustubhkul 556 25 Apr 2013, 07:39
87 Experts publish their posts in the topic Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants spillai 294 10 Aug 2012, 10:14
39 Experts publish their posts in the topic McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 461 05 Sep 2011, 09:08
4 Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants Omne 65 28 Oct 2008, 14:18
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15    Next  [ 295 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.