Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Jul 2014, 23:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q V
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 11:06
Any R1 waitlist candidates get acceptances or dings yet? Still no word over here....
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q V0
GPA: 3.92
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 21

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 11:07
waitingstill wrote:
CaptainM wrote:
Guyz ..got the decision mail...but no mention of Scholarship...where would it be mentioned if any.

Just saw the decision letter online....nothing about money there also....so no aid? or it will be mentioned somewhere else?

Scholarship information was mentioned in my decision letter on the portal... I assume this is the same letter we will get in the welcome packet.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
WE: Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 11:07
joabel wrote:
Any R1 waitlist candidates get acceptances or dings yet? Still no word over here....

Still nothing....
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 11:14
holdieliel wrote:
Anyone from China got a call?

didn't receive the admit call but checked the online application account. Accepted. (no scholarship info.)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 11:14
CaptainM wrote:
Guyz ..got the decision mail...but no mention of Scholarship...where would it be mentioned if any.

in the welcome binder link, it says under scholarship that if your offer letter is silent with regard to scholarships, that the admission committee was unable to offer merit based scholarships
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q V0
GPA: 3.7

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 11:23
DC1629 wrote:
waitingstill wrote:
CaptainM wrote:

Just saw the decision letter online....nothing about money there also....so no aid? or it will be mentioned somewhere else?

Scholarship information was mentioned in my decision letter on the portal... I assume this is the same letter we will get in the welcome packet.

Thanks! I guess no scholarship for me then cause the decision letter on portal doesn't say anything.
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 46

Reviews Badge
Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 11:24
I got the decision letter online and mine did mention scholarship.

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 11:36
burgundy2015 wrote:
I got the decision letter online and mine did mention scholarship.

Congrats!!! Did you find scholarship mentioned in the Decision status?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 11:40
No Scholarship information in the online portal ... so I believe it's bad luck then :cry:

Guess you won't get $$$ when you're in need :(

MBA Candidate 2015 | Georgetown University
McDonough School of Business

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE: Analyst (Insurance)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 54

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 11:46
Accepted! I missed a call when I was at the gym, and got a message on my voicemail. I'm still going to Tuck though :)

Congratulations to all accepted! Hope you get to really celebrate this weekend. :woohoo
13 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.03
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [13] , given: 12

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 12:03
This post received
KUDOS
As a current student, congrats to all those who were admitted. A bit of advice for all of you: go to all the welcome weekends you possibly can. Especially if you're deciding between different schools, it is the easiest way to see if you fit in with the culture of a school. It only takes a few hundred bucks to ensure you make the right decision for the next 2 years.

For those of you who got waitlisted, quite a few of my classmates were waitlisted too, so don't give up hope. The whole process has taught me that B-school is a crap shoot. Some of my classmates who were waitlisted are the best students with top internships while some of the scholarship recipients are on the opposite side of things. That holds true for every B-school out there, so don't let a single waitlist or ding get you down.

Wherever you end up, work hard, get involved, and you'll end up far better off than the handful of people who still wish they'd gotten an extra few points on the GMAT or had been a little more charismatic in their Harvard interview.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Sustainability
GMAT 1: Q V0
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.07

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 12:10
For those of you who were waitlisted in Round 1, if you sign in to your application status it should give you an updated status. I'm still waitlisted...sigh.

Good thing I just accepted a new job offer.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 12:19
Got an admit! but no luck on the scholarship :(

My heartiest congratulations to all admits and scholarship recipients! :)
Out of curiosity, would like to know the scholarship amount that was awarded
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.53

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 5

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 12:24
Vargen wrote:
Accepted! I missed a call when I was at the gym, and got a message on my voicemail. I'm still going to Tuck though :)

Congratulations to all accepted! Hope you get to really celebrate this weekend. :woohoo

I think I speak on behalf of the entire wait list on congratulating you on Tuck and kindly requesting you withdraw your admission to Georgetown :-D
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:08
Got IN!!! with some scholarship as well! Never received a call, got a mail saying you can check your decision online. Was sure about a ding but got this! :roll: :lol:

International students: How are you planning the finances? Is there any student loan worth researching? I am from India.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q V
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 15:08
Congrats to all those who were admitted!

I was a R1 candidate who was waitlisted and was waitlisted again today! I already submitted another essay. Aside from retaking the GMAT does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase my admissions chances? Also, does anyone know of someone who was admitted after being waitlisted twice? Do I have reason to be encouraged or discouraged? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 15:37
I was super bummed that I didn't get any call and was disappointed to get an email with link for decision. Heavy hearted, I clicked the link and was relieved to see the word, "Congratulations."
No scholarship but I didn't expect that anyways.

I have to decide between full time and the exec MBA, as the latter allows me to continue my work. So the waitlisted candidates,don't lose hope.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 20:12
Folks who received a scholarship, can you share the amount you were awarded?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q V

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2013, 05:05
joabel wrote:
Congrats to all those who were admitted!

I was a R1 candidate who was waitlisted and was waitlisted again today! I already submitted another essay. Aside from retaking the GMAT does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase my admissions chances? Also, does anyone know of someone who was admitted after being waitlisted twice? Do I have reason to be encouraged or discouraged? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Congratulations to all who got in.. Am a Round 1 candidate who was on the waitlist as well, continue to be considered on the waitlist after yesterday's decision.

Still hoping that the waitlist gets converted into an admit...

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 14

Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 03:40
Could someone (perhaps a current student) shed light on how the waitlist works at McDonough? How many do they typically put on the waitlist? I've heard they have a pretty low yield, so does that mean a lot of applicants are admitted off the waitlist?
Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 17 Mar 2013, 03:40