Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 20:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

get stuck in the middle of GMAT Prep

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
get stuck in the middle of GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2008, 17:31
I took 2 GMAT Prep tests..scored 42 in the quant first time and 44 in the quant second time...on both exams i got 2 of the first 12 wrong..then i would get 6-7 in a row wrong....after that it was about 60-40 right to wrong ratio...it seems the middle section is killing me...

why am i getting those middle ones wrong? are these 700-800 level questions or 600-700? not 1 in a row..not 2 in a row..but 5 or 6...is that middle killing me more than the end...or is the end killing me more than the middle or both equally....

my scores are ending up 630-650...i feel the quant is keeping me from the upper 600's

any advice is appreciated..i have noticed that the majority of the middle questions are data suff...
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 66

GMAT Tests User
Re: get stuck in the middle of GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2008, 01:10
well i gave one of the gprep and scored 45 in quant.well for me i noticed only 2 out of 1st ten questions were wrong,even after that i never got at a stretch of more than5 or so questions wrong.it was like getting 2 wrong...then 3 correct etc....with the last two wrong bcos of short of time...i have to give other to analyse deeply.i guess concentrating on 1st ten questions r fine but provided u dont follow a slump of wrong questions...just try this in ur next exam...one favour...i scored a miserably low 25 in verbal.I noticed out of 1st ten questio i got many wrong..may be 6...and most of my sc were correct....only 2-3 wrong...but very bad cr.....rc was ok....was dat the reason for sucha low score since i ended up in 580...plz advice...how to improve verbal scores....giving it next friday...
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: get stuck in the middle of GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2008, 05:13
what helped me in CR was to read the question and narrow the answers down to 2..on my scratch paper i write A,B,C,D,E and scratch them off so that I'm left with two, this also helps me focus only on those remaining (i tried this technique in my head and I would spend more time trying to figure out which ones I scratched off)..i do this for every CR question...if i end up with only 1 letter I go back until I get two...If I end up with 3 I go back until I can get only two..then I focus on the two...you should easily be able to scratch off two of the letters because usually 2 are way off. Then focus on 2 answers...the rest is up to you.

read the question first...then read the passage...formulate an answer before you read the answer choices....scratch of answers

1st goal...make sure the correct answer is one of the two choices..if not...keep practicing..

pretty much stuff verbal guides will teach
Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 66

GMAT Tests User
Re: get stuck in the middle of GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2008, 08:22
thanks lagomez...ya i can easily eliminate two...but then i will try to formulate the ans without looking the ans choices....thanks once again....happy gmatting...
Re: get stuck in the middle of GMAT Prep   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2008, 08:22