Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 02:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Getting 70-80 question wrong in OG 13 of problem solving

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Getting 70-80 question wrong in OG 13 of problem solving [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2012, 03:45
Hi,

Iam Getting 70-80 question wrong out of 230 in OG 13 Problem solving and i have done already Mgmat quant books except there advanced section ,what to do so that mostly questions gets correct.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Getting 70-80 question wrong in OG 13 of problem solving [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2012, 06:40
Did you prepare the error log to know what kind of errors you are making? If you have already done enough practice on MGMAT, than probably you might be making silly mistake. OR most of the wrong questions might be from the same subject area.

Are you using any tool to quickly analyze your weak areas? If not, than do so. You will find couple of such tools on this forum only.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://gmatclub.com/forum/a-guide-to-the-official-guide-13-for-gmat-review-134210.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: XLRI (A)
GMAT 1: 570 Q49 V19
GMAT 2: 700 Q51 V31
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 226 [0], given: 39

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Getting 70-80 question wrong in OG 13 of problem solving [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2012, 02:49
Hi,

try solving the question topic by topic starting with easy difficulty and moving forward to medium and hard.

Prepare a xls sheet (topic by topic).. and keep a track of your progress on a daily basis. Use color coding (Red,Orange,Green).
Red: You are weak in theory - brush up your concepts.
Orange - Done with theory but weak in application of the concepts
Green - Done with the topic

Go back to the theory for those topics which are in red. And then move them to orange when you are done with them and then to green when you are done with the practice too!

Hope it helps!

ankit
you must believe

How to start GMAT preparations?
How to Improve Quant Score?
gmatclub topic tags
Check out my GMAT debrief
Thursdays with Ron link
Looking for a Quant tutor? Check out my post for the same!

Combined Formula Sheet :
Number Properties || Word Problems and PnC || Equations, Inequalities || Geometry

How to Solve :
Statistics || Reflection of a line || Remainder Problems

GMAT Pill Representative
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 2

Re: Getting 70-80 question wrong in OG 13 of problem solving [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2012, 09:43
Hiya - when you get the questions wrong, do you make sure that you reexamine the questions to figure out why you were wrong? If you aren't, then you should give that a try. Try to work through the questions again before looking at the explanation, and check the explanation to see if you were at least on the right path. It's always important to know why!

Hi, I'm DonQuixote, a former GMAT Pill student who scored 780. I'm very grateful for this score and have now joined their staff :) My account of my GMAT experience can be found here.

Re: Getting 70-80 question wrong in OG 13 of problem solving   [#permalink] 09 Aug 2012, 09:43