Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 10:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Getting a lot of practice questions wrong

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Getting a lot of practice questions wrong [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 09:20
I am currently practicing using the OG and Magoosh online website. On Quant mainly PS questions. I feel I don't even have a chance and end up guessing on a lot of them. And even when I think I solve it I'm off. My question is what should be your percent correct on practice problems to have a shot a 600 score on the GMAT?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GPA: 3.94
WE: Accounting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 17

Re: Getting a lot of practice questions wrong [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 13:32
Impossible to know, depends on the difficulty of the question you are missing. Do not focus on whether or not you are getting questions right or wrong; this is the wrong approach especially when you are preparing for the exam. Just make sure that you understand your mistakes and try to find patterns in order not to miss other similar questions in the future.
Intern
Intern

Re: Getting a lot of practice questions wrong [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 13:45
jinkev wrote:
Impossible to know, depends on the difficulty of the question you are missing. Do not focus on whether or not you are getting questions right or wrong; this is the wrong approach especially when you are preparing for the exam. Just make sure that you understand your mistakes and try to find patterns in order not to miss other similar questions in the future.

Thanks, mainly medium ones from Magoosh. It's mainly discouraging to me on QUANT (PS questions) when it comes down to random guessing. The verbal practice I still will get the majority wrong but at least I have a chance (I can confidently narrow it down to two choices)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 7

Re: Getting a lot of practice questions wrong [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 03:30
For quant, are you confident that you've covered the content thoroughly? For instance if I asked you what is the formula for sum of an arithmetic progression would you be comfortable telling me that within seconds? You need to ask yourself the question that how prepared with the content you are. If the answer is no then you've got to spend more time getting easy with quant content. After that practising more with different question types might help you in making bigger improvements.

Without having the quant content on your finger tips quant wouldn't feel easy. There is a very good GMATClub PDF booklet which covers quant content extensively. That combined with the MGMAT guides is the bare minimum you should have covered before you get to solving questions.

Paras.

If you found my post helpful give KUDOS!!! Everytime you thank me but don't give Kudos, an Angel dies!

My GMAT Debrief:

I am now providing personalized one to one GMAT coaching over Skype at a nominal fee. Hurry up to get an early bird discount! Send me an IM to know more.

Intern
Intern

Re: Getting a lot of practice questions wrong [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2014, 06:14
soods26 wrote:
For quant, are you confident that you've covered the content thoroughly? For instance if I asked you what is the formula for sum of an arithmetic progression would you be comfortable telling me that within seconds? You need to ask yourself the question that how prepared with the content you are. If the answer is no then you've got to spend more time getting easy with quant content. After that practising more with different question types might help you in making bigger improvements.

Without having the quant content on your finger tips quant wouldn't feel easy. There is a very good GMATClub PDF booklet which covers quant content extensively. That combined with the MGMAT guides is the bare minimum you should have covered before you get to solving questions.

I would have to say no I couldn't tell you. May need to cover more content. Thanks.
Re: Getting a lot of practice questions wrong   [#permalink] 25 Jan 2014, 06:14