Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 04:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Getting accepted/denied timeline?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Getting accepted/denied timeline? [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2007, 09:12
For people that get accepted/denied from a school is the timeline generally the same?

I applied to a school thats known for having quick replies if they accept you. As I haven't heard back in the general timeline, I'm assuming I didn't get in. Do schools usually take longer to let you know you didn't get in?
TIA
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Getting accepted/denied timeline? [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2007, 10:02
ayl9899 wrote:
For people that get accepted/denied from a school is the timeline generally the same?

I applied to a school thats known for having quick replies if they accept you. As I haven't heard back in the general timeline, I'm assuming I didn't get in. Do schools usually take longer to let you know you didn't get in?
TIA

It all depends on the school, but it seemed in my experience that most schools tell you in the same timeline regardless of admission or ding. Plus, this year has been extremely busy for the Adcom, so I would not worry too much as many schools even extended their decision date because they could not review all apps for the round in the allotted time. And does not the old saying go "No news is good news"?
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Getting accepted/denied timeline? [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2007, 10:16
squali83 wrote:
And does not the old saying go "No news is good news"?

No news is frayed nerves!! :wall

:lol:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2007, 11:00
in general do admits get contacted via phone call and declines get contacted via mail?
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2007, 13:51
It really varies so much by school. And even withing the school it can vary by the person who interviews you. I know some schools have interviewers who like to personally call people, while others are fine with shooting out an email.
VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2007, 18:25
As said, it's really school by school. Some schools commit to a deadline, but start calling some admitted students about a week ahead of the deadline, while everyone else gets the news on D-day.

Other schools stick strictly to their deadline and nobody gets any data other than a "your decision is ready" e-mail on D-day, linking to your decision which is available online.

Other schools have rolling decisions, meaning they will decide on or before a specific date and decisions are all over the place. It's not a case of first - come first - serve or anything else. Just think of it as "at any time within the process I could get admitted, waitlisted or denied".

Cheers. L.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2007, 19:00
Why don't we put together a list of "Admission Notification Method" based on our experience from the 07 season for the 08 applicants ?

Let me start: (correct me if there is any mistakes/error on my fading memory)
Duke- I got the email indicating that the decision is ready on the D-day
Darden - I got a phone call on the D-day from the school.
Wharton - I think you get an email starting from a certain date till the D-day.
Kellogg - same as Wharton. one day, my status was updated w/o any notice.
Ross - I received the decision on the D-day.
  [#permalink] 03 Jun 2007, 19:00