Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 17:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Getting from low 700s to high 700s

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Getting from low 700s to high 700s [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2003, 10:05
I've taken about every practice test under the sun, and score pretty consistently between 700 and 750. I seem to miss different types of questions every time, so there's nowhere in particular that I need to bone up. Furthermore, many of my mistakes are careless-- computation errors, coming up with answers to the wrong questions (it asks for the total of two numbers, and I give it the difference between them, etc.), and forgetting little things like that zero is a multiple of a number. So I don't know what to study, really.

Nonetheless, I'm trying to come up with a strategy to give myself that last little boost. I won't be taking the test for six months.

Any ideas?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Huh???? [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2003, 11:16
What boost are you looking for??? You're scoring in the 99th percentile. It sounds to me that you have the GMAT nailed down. Why would you wait 6 months to take?? Do it now!!
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2003, 11:31
Eli,

My undergrad grades are crap, and I think there could be a big difference between a 710 and a 760 to the AdComm. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't mind putting in the hours. It's my life I'm talking about here, and If I can get into an Anderson or a Tuck instead of a Carey or a Krannert, It's worth the effort.

And I'm not badmouthing Carey and Krannert, either. I have (smart!) friends at both.
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2003, 00:18
stoolfi wrote:
Eli,

My undergrad grades are crap, and I think there could be a big difference between a 710 and a 760 to the AdComm. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't mind putting in the hours. It's my life I'm talking about here, and If I can get into an Anderson or a Tuck instead of a Carey or a Krannert, It's worth the effort.

And I'm not badmouthing Carey and Krannert, either. I have (smart!) friends at both.

I have a similar situation with my undergrad grades.
What practise tests did you use? Your experience would be useful to me.

Thanks
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2003, 09:17
sm176811: What practise tests did you use? Your experience would be useful to me.

Every test I can get my hands on. You can find a lot of the old paper tests if you look hard enough. I prefer the ETS and Kaplan tests because a lot of the ARCO, PR, and Cambridge questions, especially verbal questions, do not have the same feel as the ETS questions. Of course, I haven't taken the real deal yet so I could be sorely disappointed when the time rolls around.

Problem is, I continue to make many careless errors, both in Q and V. I'll try to take another paper test at the library this weekend, with no distractions and an intense focus, and see how I do...
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2003, 11:14
you will continue to make silly mistakes, when you dont have the pressure of knowign when you will be giving that GMAT.

Believe me, under pressure, your brain will focus like a laser
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2003, 19:40
well it could work both ways actually ... it could work as a laser ... but the pressure of the situation might get to you and in nervouness you could miss out even more ...

My advice is just to be methodical and very meticulous in your approach, take all the time you need to read and understand the question thoroughly .. then when you do come up with the answer, before you move on to the next question skim through the question again just to be double sure tat you have answered something that is asked.
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2006, 15:48
I Used

GMAT Prep
PR
Kaplan
OG
PP
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2006, 08:17
Hmm. Are you finding that you tend to rush, answering too fast? That was a problem I had early.

Also, are you keeping a formal error log? How's your Quant in comparison to your Verbal?
CEO
CEO
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 432 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2006, 20:32
Have you worked on your goals and community service?
  [#permalink] 23 Mar 2006, 20:32