Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 15:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Getting into an Ivy MBA.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Getting into an Ivy MBA. [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2010, 19:01
Hello there,

Sincere apologies if my question has been repeated in this forum, but I have a question concerning top MBA programs.
First off, I am a sophomore in college trying to figure out my next move. I see myself either on a MBA track or short military stint within next 5 years, but I am not so sure of what I need to do for the MBA path.

I attend a high tier liberal arts school in the south, and I'd like to think that I have an above average GPA; it was 3.7 as of my last semester. I have not taken the GMAT yet, however.

The main question is, what should I do in order to be in schools like Tuck or Wharton? I hear that they aren't number-mongers like medical schools, so I want to know what they are looking for.

Thanks in advance,

ohss
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 31

Re: Getting into an Ivy MBA. [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 06:38
ohss117 wrote:
Hello there,

Sincere apologies if my question has been repeated in this forum, but I have a question concerning top MBA programs.
First off, I am a sophomore in college trying to figure out my next move. I see myself either on a MBA track or short military stint within next 5 years, but I am not so sure of what I need to do for the MBA path.

I attend a high tier liberal arts school in the south, and I'd like to think that I have an above average GPA; it was 3.7 as of my last semester. I have not taken the GMAT yet, however.

The main question is, what should I do in order to be in schools like Tuck or Wharton? I hear that they aren't number-mongers like medical schools, so I want to know what they are looking for.

Thanks in advance,

ohss

You can take many routes.
1. Don't live your life doing only things that you think will get you into school.
2. Try to do great things in life. Do things that interest you and do things you are passionate about.
3. Don't be afraid to take risks
4. Take leadership rules and make a difference at work/community
5. Get a good gmat score

Or,
1. Live life doing only things that will get you into school but that still interest you
2. Get into a feeder company/industry after college
3. Score high on the GMAT

There are many paths. Find the path that interests you.

How did you choose Tuck/Wharton? There are many great schools. Both of those schools are really different.
Re: Getting into an Ivy MBA.   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2010, 06:38