Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 19:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Getting to 700 - key quant question types

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2013
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 21 [2] , given: 0

Getting to 700 - key quant question types [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2009, 06:19
This post received
KUDOS
Three weeks into my preparation, I'm finding it difficult to divide my time effectively between work and study time. As my weekdays are generally very busy (and I know I'm not alone here), I am looking to for ways to use my prep time as efficiently as possible.

I think that there are many MBA aspirants who would benefit from a list of "priority" quant topics that one should focus on to achieve a score of 700 - i.e., is it really necessary to master permutations and combinations if one's target score is less than, say, 730?

I would greatly appreciate if those with actual test experience could provide a list of what they believe to be the most important "700-level" quant question types. For those particularly keen to help out, it would be great if you could list your favorite sources for questions falling under each category.

Thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1990

Kudos [?]: 6440 [1] , given: 3569

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Getting to 700 - key quant question types [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2009, 10:46
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This is a great thread - Kudos.

The usual suspects in my book would be:
  • Probability/Combinations - 7-t56486
  • Statistics
  • Coordinate Geometry
  • Arithmetic sequence of numbers (rare)
  • Yes/No DS Questions
  • Overlapping sets (could be tricky)

There are questions on these topics - see Walkers thread for a good primer on Probability and Combinations, but lack of 700+ level questions was the main reason we created GMAT Club Tests - to give folks at Q47 ability to go to Q51. So, take a look at the GMAT Club tests - you can find feedback in the GMAT and Share Your GMAT Experience Forums

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Suspended Member
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 10

Re: Getting to 700 - key quant question types [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2009, 03:52
thanks a lot for sharing it
Re: Getting to 700 - key quant question types   [#permalink] 28 Jul 2009, 03:52