Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 04:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 680

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

GMAT 680 [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2013, 22:05
Hey
I gave my GMAT yesterday, scored a 680 on the GMAT Q50 V31, not happy at all. Could someone tell me where I could be applying to now? I have no work ex right now (final year undergrad engineer from India, non IT). Maybe I should try to get into a consulting firm and work for a bit, retake my GMAT and then apply to US B schools. I gave the GMAT for the ISB YLP, I feel the score isn't good enough for that either. I am not really sure what to do, I have to apply to the YLP with the same score, no other option, deadline is 7th august. I need a plan.

Thanks!(not really sure why I wrote this post, I guess I just want to share it with everyone.)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Cornell (accepted)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 4

Re: GMAT 680 [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2013, 23:16
while a 680 is a respectable score, if that was your first time then the odds of you scoring higher is positive.

You didn't give any background information about what you want to do post-mba.. why you want an mba... etc etc.. all the really important things.

"Maybe I should try to get into a consulting firm and work for a bit, retake my GMAT and then apply to US B schools" That doesn't sound like a bad plan for someone without work experience. The lack of work experience, not your GMAT score, would be what would be a barrier to entry to a top business school. Folks w/o work experience are rare (it does happen) in business school. The good thing, however, is that you're young and are already thinking about this stuff. You probably don't realize it yet but you're waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the game if you decided to apply in a couple of years.

The other thing that I will say is this... don't wait a couple of years to re-take the GMAT. Take it THIS YEAR if you can and get it out of the way. You're brain is already in study mode and you don't want to lose that momentum. As the years go by it will be tougher and tougher to A) want to study and B) to have the mental preparedness required for a 700+ score. It's definitely doable but if you take it now you will thank yourself in the future.

Find out more about my MBA ADMISSIONS BOOK on how to navigate the b-school application process: http://bit.ly/1a9U7Cl

Blogged my way through the application process, 1st & 2nd year of school at Johnson at Cornell University - Graduated 5/26/2013 - Follow my MBA journey here @ http://www.money9111.blogspot.com | 1 New Post on 10/10
!

Re: GMAT 680   [#permalink] 31 Jul 2013, 23:16