Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 15:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gmat 540(Q44, V21) with Entrepreneurial Experience

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Gmat 540(Q44, V21) with Entrepreneurial Experience [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2013, 09:43
Hello,

I would appreciate if you anyone here could help me shortlisting universities for the below profile:

GMAT 540(44,21)

BE (Computer science, Pune University, 2010 passout)- First class with distinction. I guess the GPA should be 3.6.

Profile:
Co Founder of web hosting firm established in 2006 named Lacehost web solutions which is presently 14th in India according to market share in hosting segment.

Converted it into Private Ltd firm named Leapswitch Networks pvt ltd in 2011.

Acquisition of 2 web hosting companies(New zealand based and German based)

Sub brands: Switchseo.com(Seo Hosting brand), Lacehost web solutions(Shared hosting brand),
whynotavps.com(German company acquired), wachahost.com(New Zealand company acquired)

Roles & Responsibilities
-Management of Business Development & Marketing
-Customer Relationship Management for maintaining long term association with present clients.
-Customer Negotiations & Contracts
-Management of Sales for CentralCP(Product to manage & analyze cpanel servers)
-Sales Pipeline management for Lacehost(Shared hosting brand), Switchseo.com(Seohosting brand), whynotavps.com(VPS hosting brand), wachahost(another new zealand hosting brand) Leapswitch Networks(our parent brand for all the above)
-Devising enhancement/development plans for the product according to the customer feedback
-Competitive analysis
-Lead Generation
-Devising marketing plans for 18 locations
-Website Content Development & Management
-Association, Partnership contracts
-Development of business plan for website traffic growth:

Here are some of my questions:
I am looking for specialization in Marketing? With the above score which universities are safe to apply in the first round?

How differently do you think I should portray my profile to increase of my chances of getting in?

I want to get into marketing/consultancy post MBA. Which universities will be good for me to achieve my goal (please let me know ambitious as well as mediocre universities depending on my score)?

What are the factors I should consider while selecting the universities as my score too is low?

I would be glad if you could assist me with your advice. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks & Regards,
Ruturaj Patil
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GRE 1: 316 Q162 V167
GPA: 3.71
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Gmat 540(Q44, V21) with Entrepreneurial Experience [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2013, 09:52
I'm not going to shotlist any universities. I thought i would say, the adcom would think that since you just graduated in 2010, what is the rush? Why can't this candidate take some time to gain experience, while pushing his GMAT score up?

"We are the Borg. We will assimilate this MBA program. Resistance is futile!"

Intern
Intern

Re: Gmat 540(Q44, V21) with Entrepreneurial Experience [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2013, 09:57
7of9 wrote:
I'm not going to shotlist any universities. I thought i would say, the adcom would think that since you just graduated in 2010, what is the rush? Why can't this candidate take some time to gain experience, while pushing his GMAT score up?

I appreciate you prompt response. But by the time I get admitted, I will be having 4 years of experience. I think that should be enough right?
Actually talking about experience, I have formed my company in 2006 itself. In all considering my college days experience, the total comes to 6. Please let me know your insights on this.

Ruturaj
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GRE 1: 316 Q162 V167
GPA: 3.71
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Gmat 540(Q44, V21) with Entrepreneurial Experience [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2013, 10:13
RuturajPatil wrote:
7of9 wrote:

I appreciate you prompt response. But by the time I get admitted, I will be having 4 years of experience. I think that should be enough right?
Actually talking about experience, I have formed my company in 2006 itself. In all considering my college days experience, the total comes to 6. Please let me know your insights on this.

Ruturaj

The four years of experience is fair, i mean, good enough. If you end applying with that 540 score, it is going to hurt your application, a lot, no matter which program you apply to. My advice is, re-take the GMAT, two or more times until you are clear of the 670 hurdle. I say this because, although the adcoms etc say the GMAT is just part of the application, the truth is that it is everything to some schools. With my 630 last cycle, i got burnt . Which is why i'm open to taking the GMAT five times this cycle.

"We are the Borg. We will assimilate this MBA program. Resistance is futile!"

Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 490 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Gmat 540(Q44, V21) with Entrepreneurial Experience [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2013, 22:22
Expert's post
Yep Yep. Retake the GMAT! I second that. There's no way around that advice...

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern

Re: Gmat 540(Q44, V21) with Entrepreneurial Experience [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 10:34
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Yep Yep. Retake the GMAT! I second that. There's no way around that advice...

Hey. Thank you for your feedback. Can you please provide me with insights of Babson and Thunderbird.Personally I have time constraints for GMAT preparation as I am loaded with work for most of the time. I would appreciate if you could assist me in working more on the essays which would portray more about my work and less about my score. Would be glad if you could do that
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 490 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Gmat 540(Q44, V21) with Entrepreneurial Experience [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 21:11
Expert's post
Of course we can help you with your essays! But I do want to be straightforward with you. Babson's average GMAT is 630 and Thunderbird's is 600, so that makes you a long-shot at both schools. If you are STILL determined to apply against the odds, sure why not? It's a brave thing. But still, a higher GMAT might open a LOT more doors for you.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Re: Gmat 540(Q44, V21) with Entrepreneurial Experience   [#permalink] 15 Aug 2013, 21:11