Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 18:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 590, Please evaluate profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 590, Please evaluate profile [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2013, 16:54
Hi, I am from India and I gave my GMAT just 2 days back and ended up scoring a disappointing 590 (Q49,V23). I had spent around 30-45 days to prepare for the GMAT and the preparation was mainly concentrated on Quant and improving speed.The verbal part on the GMAT was a quite a trouble during the preparation days , specially trying to keep up pace. I knew i had not prepared well enough but then i wanted to go ahead and give the exam,just to see if i could handle the pressure.Also one more prime reason , I wanted to go ahead was , I did not want to rule myself out of the chances to apply for the January deadlines that most univ's have.

What i intend to do now is to use this GMAT score coupled with the application and try to get an admit. I am planning to retake my GMAT again in November and if the scores improve , then use the new scores for further applications.

My profile :

GMAT 590 (Q49,V23)
TOEFL 105
Class X : 87% , Class Xii (80%)
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer : Overall 62%, with a final year %age of 70
WE : 5 years 4 months with a French MNC employing over 50000 people. I started out my career in the technical domain. But in the last 3 years, i have been involved more in the project management cycles. During this time, my role has been to chair client meetings,conduct appraisals for younger staff,resource management, lead transitions, work on the budgets for project delivery, groom youngsters and be completely responsible for project delivery. I am currently at level 4 out of a possible 11 levels of performance that my company offers. To summarize,i could say I have been working as a psuedo Lead(but , does pseudo have any importance?)

I have been googling around the net for the last 2 days in search of universities that take similar scores but it hasn't led me anywhere. Currently the
universities which i have in mind are : Manchester Business School, Warwick, Mannheim Business School, Mays Texas.

Do I stand a chance in any of these schools? Also it would be great if you could suggest schools that have a good placement record and accept this score. I
would like to secure an admit and then plan ahead
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT 590, Please evaluate profile [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 15:22
Expert's post
I suggest that you focus on preparing well for GMAT and aim for a 700+ score . This score will widen your choice of target schools and open up more opportunities for you .
Good luck.

MyEssayReview - A personalized and dedicated essay-review service
Email:poonam@myessayreview.com

Image Image Image

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT 590, Please evaluate profile [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2013, 14:02
Thanks for the feedback...I have my GMAT date on 27th November....Hope to improve my verbal score by a considerable margin.

But it would be great if you could offer an opinion on some universitiesthat could suit my current profile
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 533 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT 590, Please evaluate profile [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2013, 21:56
Expert's post
Hmmmm,
There aren't really any worthwhile universities that you can get in with a 590, so just retake one time (or many) till you get as high as you can, and then ask that question again :)

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT 590, Please evaluate profile [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 22:29
Expert's post
Hi Abhish,

Honestly, I would not recommend applying with this score.

If you still insist , here is the list of some USA Schools :

Thunderbird Business School -587
American University- Kogod SOB- 587
University of Massachusetts, Boston-572

And here is the list of Schools in Europe:

EMLYON Business School, France – 500
Warwick Business School, U.K.-610
Ashridge Business School, UK- 550
Henley Business School, UK-500

For the next two months, focus on your GMAT preparation with a goal to score 700+. Then you will have variety of schools to choose from.

Good luck on your GMAT.

MyEssayReview - A personalized and dedicated essay-review service
Email:poonam@myessayreview.com

Image Image Image

Re: GMAT 590, Please evaluate profile   [#permalink] 01 Oct 2013, 22:29