Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 07:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 610 ll 4 yrs work exp ll College??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V22
GMAT 2: 610 Q49 V24
GPA: 2.77
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

GMAT 610 ll 4 yrs work exp ll College?? [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2013, 03:30
This is to get a preliminary evaluation of my profile so that I may accordingly focus on appropriate schools. I'm putting down some salient points of my profile below. I'd be obliged if you could help me out in selecting schools to apply.

* Female, 27yrs, Indian.
* B.Tech, NIT, Raipur - 77.7%
* 4 yrs of Experience in Energy & infrastructure sector, With 3 yrs as an assistant manager.
Profile: C&I Design Engineer. Development, validation and seeking clients approval on engineering docs. Proficient in managing internal & external Clients. Lots of experience with international clients. Assist in preparation & updating the project schedule. Daily update of completed activities to cross check the planned schedule. Close the punch points for final handover of the project to customer.
* Home maker from almost 1.5 years, However, supporting some NGOs.
* some volunteering experience in NGOs on child education.
* GMAT: 610(Q- 49, V-24)
Extracurricular
* Class representative during my undergraduate degree
* Participated in a number of debates and entrepreneurship related inter-college events
* Skilled Bharatnatyam Dancer.
* Sketching, singing.

Planning for full time MBA in Finance from UK, Short listed Following colleges:
1) Cass Business school London
2) Manchester Business school UK

so kindly suggest, if I can still apply and stand chances of getting selected.

Also, Please suggest any other school in which I can apply.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT 610 ll 4 yrs work exp ll College?? [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 02:26
The average GMAT score for both your target schools is around 630 but they do select candidates with scores around 600. Even the average job experience is more than 5 years but your experience is more than the minimum required. You need to calculate your GPA and tell me for a better evaluation. In my opinion it may be around 3 which is decent. Your 3 years experience as assistant manager shows your leadership abilities and you also have good extra-curriculars. You have a decent chance at getting selected but you need to have great essays and a stellar application to turn the tables in your favour. This link can help you in that regard: http://www.interviewbay.com/blog/6-comp ... pplication

Good Luck!
www.interviewbay.com
Re: GMAT 610 ll 4 yrs work exp ll College??   [#permalink] 20 Jan 2014, 02:26