Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 11:05

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 620 (Q48,V28), what are my options?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

GMAT 620 (Q48,V28), what are my options? [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2009, 01:28
Hi,

I took my GMAT test a week ago and could score only 620! It took me about a week to recuparate from this disaster :oops:
Now I am confused between taking another test and applying to a school (if there is any at all!!).
I have over 5 years of work experience in an Indian IT company (sigh!!), but here is my USP: 4 years at client location outside India, excellent career path with some rewards and appreciations and a track record of extra-curricular activities.
I would like to know that is there any decent MBA program available that I can go for? I am sure that I'd need to work on my essays really hard.

Some advice will be appreciated..

Thanks!

Cheers,
Sourabh
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 106 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT 620 (Q48,V28), what are my options? [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2009, 01:31
hsourabh wrote:
Hi,

I took my GMAT test a week ago and could score only 620! It took me about a week to recuparate from this disaster :oops:
Now I am confused between taking another test and applying to a school (if there is any at all!!).
I have over 5 years of work experience in an Indian IT company (sigh!!), but here is my USP: 4 years at client location outside India, excellent career path with some rewards and appreciations and a track record of extra-curricular activities.
I would like to know that is there any decent MBA program available that I can go for? I am sure that I'd need to work on my essays really hard.

Some advice will be appreciated..

Thanks!

Cheers,
Sourabh

Hey Sourabh - I noticed you didn't post this in the US forums so I assume your interested in non-US schools. I have no idea if you are interested in Australia at all but your scores are competitive for AGSM and MBS if you were interested. Just poiting out that there ARE schools out there that will take you. In fact I think you'll find there are quite a few, you probably won't qualify for an LBS/INSEAD level school with that but a lot of other schools might be worth looking into depending on what you're after.
Current Student
Schools: Oxford
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 5

Re: GMAT 620 (Q48,V28), what are my options? [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2009, 07:03
you can try canadian schools as well. queen's and schulich are probably your best bets.

if your gpa is high i'd say shoot for rotman, which has a pretty high gpa requirement and doesn't care as much about the gmat.

if you have management experience then try ivey. it's pretty much the most reputable school here in canada and the alumni network is strong...

Oxford Round 1 - interview invite 10/30/09, admit 12/11/09, ATTENDING 2010

My Road to Oxford and INSEAD http://gmatclub.com/forum/my-road-to-oxford-sbs-and-insead-89413.html#p676253

Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT 620 (Q48,V28), what are my options? [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2009, 06:21
Hey there,

Thanks a ton for the valuable insights! Just received my AWA score as well: scored a decent 6! I am still wondering what went wrong with my Verbal ?!!? wish I could have a looked into my answers and learn from the mistakes..

After considering the replies to my post and evaluating my position, I have decided to have a go for GMAT again...wish me luck guys, it's on 6th Jan. :)

Cheers,
Sourabh
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT 620 (Q48,V28), what are my options? [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 06:49
Why don't you try Imperial College London?

It's not too bad for a young B-School..

And the location is excellent for networking functions
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 922 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT 620 (Q48,V28), what are my options? [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 11:49
hsourabh wrote:
Hey there,

Thanks a ton for the valuable insights! Just received my AWA score as well: scored a decent 6! I am still wondering what went wrong with my Verbal ?!!? wish I could have a looked into my answers and learn from the mistakes..

After considering the replies to my post and evaluating my position, I have decided to have a go for GMAT again...wish me luck guys, it's on 6th Jan. :)

Cheers,
Sourabh

Thats good decision, good luck with your preparation, just hit the bull's eye.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT 620 (Q48,V28), what are my options? [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2009, 10:28
Your Verbal is low enough such that even some slight improvement can have a material impact on your score. Take it again and get up to the 670 range. Doable (based on your Verbal) and certainly changes the picture.
Re: GMAT 620 (Q48,V28), what are my options?   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2009, 10:28