Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 20:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 630 (Q44,V32)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 630 (Q44,V32) [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 08:46
Hi all,

I have been a silent observer on this forum,and haven't had the chance to post anything.
This is my first post and I really need expert advise on how I can improve my score.
I really don't know what went wrong during my exam.I thought I was doing well in the math section.There was not even a single question that I had to guess.
For verbal I had improved my score from V17 in my first attempt to V32.So I know I can definitely improve on this section.But for Math I have no clue.I am an engineer and hence math is supposed to be my strength.But for some reason I have not scored beyond Q46 on the actual GMAT.In my previous attempt my score was 510 (Q46;V17).

I would really appreciate your help on how I can improve my score.

Thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 53

Kudos [?]: 380 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT 630 (Q44,V32) [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 11:07
Even if math is your strength, the GMAT is not designed to test your math skills said skills apply to engineering. It's designed to stratify people based on problem solving skills. In any case, you only need 2 points in math yo get to the 80 percentile, while you need 6 points in verbal.

Do you know what subsections are giving you trouble? This could be a big part of the key to overcoming these thresholds and breaking to more advanced problems on the real thing.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT 630 (Q44,V32) [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 12:55
mohater wrote:
Even if math is your strength, the GMAT is not designed to test your math skills said skills apply to engineering. It's designed to stratify people based on problem solving skills. In any case, you only need 2 points in math yo get to the 80 percentile, while you need 6 points in verbal.

Do you know what subsections are giving you trouble? This could be a big part of the key to overcoming these thresholds and breaking to more advanced problems on the real thing.

Thanks Mohater for your reply.In math section I am not sure what went wrong.I can still remember the questions that popped up during the exam but I am unable to grasp what went wrong.I was able to answer every question without any issue(so no clue on math).

As far as verbal is concerned the first passage was on a topic that I wasn't interested in and this made me lose concentration.probably that passage and couple of questions after the passage cost me 2 -3 point on verbal.
Re: GMAT 630 (Q44,V32)   [#permalink] 02 Nov 2011, 12:55