I finally took the real Gmat and I scored only 630 due to my lack of concentration (and noise in the testing room) in the second part of verbal. Math was pretty much the same as in Gmatprep, but verbal seemed much more difficult. To be honest I expected at least 35 in verbal as I was consistetly scored better in verbal in my practice tests. I had 25 in verbal 3 weeks after I started preparation, before even going through Manhattan SC and the second half of CR bible.
My practice tests were like this:
1. GmatPrep 1 - 540 (Q37, V25) - 3 weeks after started preparation - didn't finish Quatitative section, I went through verbal only to finish it but I had time issues back then
2. Powerprep1 - 700 (Q45, V41) - a lot of OG questions so I didn't rely too much on this test
3. Gmatprep 2 - 670 (Q45, V36) - a few OG questions, I took this test 1 month and a half after started prep
4. MGMAT 1 (3/16/2008) - 590 (Q42, V31)
5. MGMAT 2 (4/16/2008) - 710 (Q49, V38)
6 GMATPrep 1 reinstall - 740 (Q48, V44) - only 2-3 OG in verbal and 3-4 in quantitative. I didn't guessed any of the verbal questions, they seemed quite easy.
I'm a little disappointed as I dedicated 80% of my study to the verbal section.
The average Gmat score required by the university is 595. Do you think I should retake it? Or try to focus on the essay part from now on? I feel very unconfident that I would score better If I retook it. I'm not sure if 630 is enough though.