I would really appreciate if you could help me out here.
Indian Male IT
Gmat :- 670(Q49,V32)(Really disappointed over verbal score, could have done lot better)
Work Exp:Currently 2 years, 3 Years at time of joining mba
Post MBA options: Consulting
B Tech in computer science:- 68%
Target Schools: Rotman, Schulich,McGill, Saunders (Canada Because its more immigration friendly and I want to settle down now)
Working as developer at TCS - LLoyds bank UK project.
A lot of client interaction on daily basis.
Managing the new joinees to the team.
Lead a team of 6 for a mini project during the initial learning program at the current organisation.That was the best and most exciting time of my career so far.The team members very not among the most brilliant ones but we ended among the top 3 teams because of our team work.(There were 15 teams)
I have always wanted to do an MBA.I wanted to get some work experience before my MBA but the quality of work experience that im getting here is not very good for me personally.There is not a lot of responsibility in the early years and most of my work is technically.One can not expect to get managerial role before 5 years at least .So that is the reason i want to do MBA now and get into consulting.I have good analytical and problem solving skills and i also love to travel, so i believe management consulting will be a good career option for me.
I am aware that my Gmat is not so good, I was confident of scoring 700+ but could not do well on verbal on test day.Nevertheless, I am planning to retake it and hoping to get above the 700 mark.
I know a couple of years of more work ex and a 30 40 points gmat score increase would make it much more competitive but i dont want to wait for one more year.So, In worst case scenario , if i could not improve my Gmat score , what are my chances at these schools? (not expecting scholarship with this score)
Also, I may not be able to apply in the round 1 ,how much difference is that going to make on my chances for admission and scholarship if any?
Or you think i should wait for one more year and get that 700+ gmat and work Exp?
I may also get an onsite opportunity next year.
Thanks in advance