Kindly help me out by evaluating the below profile. Let me know if the school choices look ok. Also suggest any other descent school that you see fit.
1) Basic demographic info: 26, Male, Indian (working in Singapore)
2) Educational Background: B.Eng Computer Engineering, GPA: 3.54/4 , GMAT: 670 (47 35)
3) Work experience: Worked in IT (financial services) for 4 years in Singapore. Started as an analyst and now perform tech lead roles.
4) Extracurriculars: Organized philanthropical fund raisers in corporates and college. Have volunteered seminars for youth empowerment. Run my own band of young musicians and part-time musician
5) Short/Long term goals: Post MBA I want to get into consulting.
6) Schools: HKUST, IE, Said, Judge, Carnegie Mellon, Tuck
Please find my comments on individual components of application process
1) GMAT : Your GMAT is on lower side for almost all the schools mentioned by you. You are a part of the most competitive pool (indian engineering male), so you have to pay the price and i think with 670, your chances for the schools are not good. Aim for 720+ (or at least touch 700 mark).
2) Work Ex - Your work ex has a career progression that is good, but you must exhibit in your essay as to how you have been better then the others. Every year hundreds of students with similar background to you apply at these schools, the challenge for you is to prove as to how you are different from the rest of the peers (whether you had some SUPER leadership exposure ? or Whether you grew much faster than rest of the peers at work etc etc )
3) EC - Highlight leadership aspect of your EC in your essays.
4) Schools - If you think that you do not want to take GMAT now, you may take internal test of IE.
Hope this helps
Free Essay Editing Service