Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 03:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 670 (Q42 V40) ... Should I retake?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Should I retake?

• 46% [6]
  • 53% [7]
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q V0
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
WE: Supply Chain Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 16

GMAT 670 (Q42 V40) ... Should I retake? [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2013, 13:18
Results:
________Score____Percentile______
Quant........42.........57.....................
Verbal........40.........90.....................
Total.........670........84.....................

I have studied on and off for a couple of years (TERRIBLE idea I know) for the GMAT and finally scheduled a test date about 2 months ago.

My practice tests were hovering around 640-700. Either my verbal score or quant score was low in most cases, leading to a mid-600 score in practice tests.

I was shocked by the super high verbal and disappointed by the low quant score, suggesting that I may improve the quant score, but I am not sure I can out-do myself on the verbal score.

Obviously, like everyone else, I want to make a 700+. I am not 100% sure of my school goals right now, but I wanted to be in a position to apply to the TOP schools.

Should I just be happy with my score and move on with my life, or should I go for the 700+ club?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 184 [1] , given: 66

Re: GMAT 670 (Q42 V40) ... Should I retake? [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2013, 13:57
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi Reyjustin,

First off: Congratulations on the score. 670 is quite high and there are a lot of people who would love to get that score, especially only studying intermittently. It's nice to take a second to be happy about your score, it helps to put everything in perspective.

Secondly: Only you can decide if you want to retake it or not. If you think you can hit 700 (or more), then you might feel happier taking it again, if only to see how high you score this time around. Of course, if the school you want to go to will gladly accept you with a 670, then it's counterproductive to spend your time on taking the exam versus something else. The only goal on the GMAT is to get the score you want. If you have that score, then you're good to go. If you don't, then consider the implications of taking the exam again on your finances and free time, and then make the decision for what's best for you.

Good luck and congrats again on the score!
-Ron

Ron Awad
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses and Admissions Consulting Services
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q V0
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
WE: Supply Chain Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 16

Re: GMAT 670 (Q42 V40) ... Should I retake? [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2013, 11:36
Thanks for the response!!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Director
Director
Concentration: General Management, General Management
Schools: ISB '16
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 304

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT 670 (Q42 V40) ... Should I retake? [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2013, 06:20
reyjustin wrote:
Results:
________Score____Percentile______
Quant........42.........57.....................
Verbal........40.........90.....................
Total.........670........84.....................

I have studied on and off for a couple of years (TERRIBLE idea I know) for the GMAT and finally scheduled a test date about 2 months ago.

My practice tests were hovering around 640-700. Either my verbal score or quant score was low in most cases, leading to a mid-600 score in practice tests.

I was shocked by the super high verbal and disappointed by the low quant score, suggesting that I may improve the quant score, but I am not sure I can out-do myself on the verbal score.

Obviously, like everyone else, I want to make a 700+. I am not 100% sure of my school goals right now, but I wanted to be in a position to apply to the TOP schools.

Should I just be happy with my score and move on with my life, or should I go for the 700+ club?

Hi there ,

Can you update the debrief with your second attempt?

Rgds,
TGC!

Rgds,
TGC!

Re: GMAT 670 (Q42 V40) ... Should I retake?   [#permalink] 08 Oct 2013, 06:20