Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 19:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 680- profile review

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 680- profile review [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2012, 21:31
I am Jasleen from India. I gave GMAT on 12 th sep and got a 680. This was my second attempt. I scored a 540 in the first one. So there has been a significant jump.
Now as i plan to file applications for various colleges, i would love to have some expert opinions as to whereall i can apply. I am an Engineer by profession and have been working with Siemens Ltd for the past two years (2010 to present). Im kind of clueless as to how should i go about filing my applications. If u could please list down a few colleges for me where i can apply considering my profile and score, i would be very very grateful to you. Vital academic stats are stated below:
- Xth score: 91%
-XII th score: 87% (stream Science)
-Graduation (Engineering)- 78%
- Work Experience- I passed out of graduation school in may 2010 and was recruited in Siemens Ltd in july 2010. Have been working in the same organisation till date. I have gained a lot of appreciation at my work. I have been proactive in my work and so i have been awarded with employee of the month 2 times. I always been a step ahead when it comes to communicating with customers and this rapport gained for me the highest increment (among peers) after 1st year at job.

- Extra curricular activites:
I am a very passionate dancer and have won many awards for same in college and school. I am also a good orator.

Please let me know if you require any other information for accessing my profile.
Thanks a lot!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admission Consultant
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 18

Re: GMAT 680- profile review [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2012, 02:22
Expert's post
Jasleen3009 wrote:
I am Jasleen from India. I gave GMAT on 12 th sep and got a 680. This was my second attempt. I scored a 540 in the first one. So there has been a significant jump.
Now as i plan to file applications for various colleges, i would love to have some expert opinions as to whereall i can apply. I am an Engineer by profession and have been working with Siemens Ltd for the past two years (2010 to present). Im kind of clueless as to how should i go about filing my applications. If u could please list down a few colleges for me where i can apply considering my profile and score, i would be very very grateful to you. Vital academic stats are stated below:
- Work Experience- I passed out of graduation school in may 2010 and was recruited in Siemens Ltd in july 2010. Have been working in the same organisation till date. I have gained a lot of appreciation at my work. I have been proactive in my work and so i have been awarded with employee of the month 2 times. I always been a step ahead when it comes to communicating with customers and this rapport gained for me the highest increment (among peers) after 1st year at job.

I am a very passionate dancer and have won many awards for same in college and school. I am also a good orator.

Please let me know if you require any other information for accessing my profile.
Thanks a lot!

Hi Jasleen,

I just want to put across a scenario to you : somebody suggests a list of schools to you, you apply there and get admission, join in one b-school, and realize this program is just not meant for you! What happens then?

A better scenario- Do your own research and create your own list. Once you start reading through b-school websites and get to know their programs, you will realize their differences.

To start, you can consult the known rankings like Financial Times, Business Week and US News. A safer approach is to explore b-schools where your GMAT /GPA scores fall above the average score range. But scores are just one part of the evaluation criteria- your essays, recommendations, professional history and career vision matter just as much, and so does their presentation.

If you wish you can reach out to us to talk further.

Namita,
www.mbadecoder.com

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT 680- profile review [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2012, 18:14
Jasleen3009 wrote:

Thanks a lot!

Hi Jasleen,

You have quite a good GMAT Score and a remarkable profile.

As per your GMAT Score I would recommend you to target Emory, SMU COx, Indiana University (Kelley), Purdue University & Rochester Simon, are among the top US B Schools where you can apply. Apart from these there are few B Schools like University of Cambridge Judge and Cass are among top UK B Schools where you can apply. There are many more but the mentioned list comprises of a few good ones in the US & UK that you should definitely target.

It is highly advisable in your case to focus on your application evaluation essays. This is where you can demonstrate your leadership qualities, achievements, professional vision and other abilities. A well presented and perfectly written essay is absolutely critical to make a strong case for yourself during the final interview and more so when you have an average GMAT scores.

It is highly recommended to seek assistance from professional consultants for guidance who can more closely review your situation and provide you with a list of B Schools where you would have chances of converting your application to admission. You should also get your essays reviewed from them before sending it along with your application to better your prospects.

You can visit http://www.general-ed.com/MBA-essay-analysis to learn more about professional essay evaluation services and http://www.general-ed.com/mba-counseling to see how General Ed can help you with MBA counselling and Application Evaluation.

Kindly click to the link http://www.general-ed.com/MBA-essay-analysis or http://www.general-ed.com/mba-interview-preparation for more information on about professional guidance on essay evaluation and interview preparation service and see how the top b-school grads can help in essay evaluation and interview preparation.

Feel free to post any other query or concern that you might have.

Regards
Neha Singh
http://www.general-ed.com/

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Re: GMAT 680- profile review   [#permalink] 20 Sep 2012, 18:14