Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 01:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 680 (Q: 49, V:33) AWA : 4.0 ( Kindly Suggest Colleges)

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
5 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.78
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: -19 [5] , given: 2

GMAT 680 (Q: 49, V:33) AWA : 4.0 ( Kindly Suggest Colleges) [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 05:51
5
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Folks,

I need help with choosing the right B school for my score.
I'm planning to apply for the class of 2014-2016 in US/ Canada. I'm interested in Finance/Marketing/Technology.
Kindly suggest some b schools to which I could apply with this score.
It'd help me in deciding whether I should take the GMAT again.

Profile:
2.5 yrs of work ex in a top IT firm in Research and Development division. Finance is the domain.
I've been a freelance web content writer for an year. (I'm clueless where I went wrong with my AWA :oops: )
Active member of a rock band
Member of a Non profit organization that promotes music and culture for an year.
I own a website where I teach music.
I have decent acads with 3.7 GPA and with extra curricular activities from sports, creative writing, and achievements like best student awards and merit certificates in sports.

Recommendations : 1 from my present Manager and 1 from Head of the department at college.


Thanks in advance.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Status: Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1096
Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 267 [1] , given: 67

Re: GMAT 680 (Q: 49, V:33) AWA : 4.0 ( Kindly Suggest Colleges) [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 10:48
1
This post received
KUDOS
arjamidhun wrote:
Hi Folks,

I need help with choosing the right B school for my score.
I'm planning to apply for the class of 2014-2016 in US/ Canada. I'm interested in Finance/Marketing/Technology.
Kindly suggest some b schools to which I could apply with this score.
It'd help me in deciding whether I should take the GMAT again.

Profile:
2.5 yrs of work ex in a top IT firm in Research and Development division. Finance is the domain.
I've been a freelance web content writer for an year. (I'm clueless where I went wrong with my AWA :oops: )
Active member of a rock band
Member of a Non profit organization that promotes music and culture for an year.
I own a website where I teach music.
I have decent acads with 3.7 GPA and with extra curricular activities from sports, creative writing, and achievements like best student awards and merit certificates in sports.

Recommendations : 1 from my present Manager and 1 from Head of the department at college.


Thanks in advance.


Hi
If u want finance specialization...In US u can try UCLA...bt it will be really tough to get in..I mean this fall i have seen ppl with over 700 score getting declined. Though u have good credentials , i mean extra curricular. The weakest part f ur application is ur work ex...I mean with 2.5 year of work ex , u ll be considered amateur......
Yes u can try Candian schools...i think u hav a gr8 chance at Rottman, Toranto...It has gr8 finance specialization....
For US B schools,I would higly recommend to defer, unless u hav some plans that cant be defered...Work ex..2.5 years...is very less...Moreover u belong to a very competitive pool Indian IT male.

if u want to try...try candian schools..rottman, Mcgill, sauder etc....

Check US news ranking fr colls with specific electives that u want.

Consider Kudos If my post helps!!!!!!!!!!11

Archit
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.78
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: -19 [2] , given: 2

Re: GMAT 680 (Q: 49, V:33) AWA : 4.0 ( Kindly Suggest Colleges) [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 11:25
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Archit,

Thanks for the help :)
The points u made brings up another question. Will the university consider my present work ex or the work ex I'll be having when I join the program?... coz by the time I join the program I'll have around 3.8 yrs of work ex, which I think, is competitive enough (though below the average).
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 194
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 23

Re: GMAT 680 (Q: 49, V:33) AWA : 4.0 ( Kindly Suggest Colleges) [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 13:16
Archit, how did you know he was from India? India is not referenced on his post.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Status: Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1096
Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 267 [1] , given: 67

Re: GMAT 680 (Q: 49, V:33) AWA : 4.0 ( Kindly Suggest Colleges) [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 16:01
1
This post received
KUDOS
arjamidhun wrote:
Hi Archit,

Thanks for the help :)
The points u made brings up another question. Will the university consider my present work ex or the work ex I'll be having when I join the program?... coz by the time I join the program I'll have around 3.8 yrs of work ex, which I think, is competitive enough (though below the average).


Gud question..Actually I missed this point...Mostly, Universities consider the total work ex by the time of joining. So Considering that u have 2.5 nw...u have an year fr nw fr the session to start....In that case u ll have 3.5 years...Even in that case frm work ex point of view u ll be in bottom 20% of class...fr a holistic applications all ur parameters shud falln close to avg of the class...ie ur deviation shud be minm...Moreoover remem, one thn colls shw interst in students those whose some of the application parameters are far frm the class avg, only if they find sthn else...say ur work ex is non traditional...ie u r a farmer fr example..infact there is a case of an ISb admit..he had 570 or so bt gt admitted...he was farmer and want to do sthn in Agri business post mba...so the coll can use his credential to shw diversity....Fr profile lyk urs u ll hav to think out f box fr essays...

Hope that answers

Consider Kudos If my post helps!!!

Archit
Current Student
avatar
Status: Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1096
Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 267 [0], given: 67

Re: GMAT 680 (Q: 49, V:33) AWA : 4.0 ( Kindly Suggest Colleges) [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 16:04
CMcAboy wrote:
Archit, how did you know he was from India? India is not referenced on his post.


i just guessed it frm his profile name..Modhun is common name in Southern India..i think I was correct at my guess

Consider Kudos If my post helps!!!!!!!!

Archit
Re: GMAT 680 (Q: 49, V:33) AWA : 4.0 ( Kindly Suggest Colleges)   [#permalink] 21 Apr 2013, 16:04
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
GMAT 680 (Q 49 V33) pramod2911 1 20 Jun 2013, 08:37
Destroyed by GMAT today 680 (Q49, V33) srhr44 3 16 Dec 2011, 22:27
Experts publish their posts in the topic Took GMAT today 680 (Q49 V33) - what next ?? WannabeTitan 2 22 Aug 2011, 10:58
680 (Q49, V33) hagadre 9 29 Sep 2009, 05:16
Got 680 (Q:49 V:33) Fig 42 28 Sep 2006, 08:04
Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAT 680 (Q: 49, V:33) AWA : 4.0 ( Kindly Suggest Colleges)

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.