Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:28 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Send PM
Re: GMAT 690 ( Q49 V 34 ) Enough to get into top 20 b schools . [#permalink]
Kudos
if u r a transgender with one leg, who is born to somalian immigrants who lived in Netherlands as street vendors selling dope -you can aspire to get into any top school in USA

For another run of the mill desi with top 10 engg BS and 690 score your best best is stay away from top 10

Originally posted by Ozmba on 18 Jul 2008, 08:39.
Last edited by Ozmba on 18 Jul 2008, 08:47, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
deleted

Originally posted by Ozmba on 18 Jul 2008, 08:44.
Last edited by Ozmba on 18 Jul 2008, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
OzMBA,

This is a friendly board, let's keep it that way. A simple, "I'm skeptical" would be fine as opposed to lambasting the poster who mentioned Stanford.

In response to the original post, a 690 is a good score. For an Indian Engineer however, you will need to have top-notch essays, and good ECs I think to be competitive in the Top 5 or so. But if you are shooting for Top 20, I think you are certainly within range.

~Sam
Director
Director
Send PM
sam77sam7 wrote:
OzMBA,

This is a friendly board, let's keep it that way. A simple, "I'm skeptical" would be fine as opposed to lambasting the poster who mentioned Stanford.

In response to the original post, a 690 is a good score. For an Indian Engineer however, you will need to have top-notch essays, and good ECs I think to be competitive in the Top 5 or so. But if you are shooting for Top 20, I think you are certainly within range.

~Sam

Agreed buddy

so deleted my post ladden with BS :-)
Current Student
Send PM
Ozmba wrote:
sam77sam7 wrote:
OzMBA,

~Sam

Agreed buddy

I understand it is difficult to come to terms with anything that hits hard the believes that we have closely nourished for long...but there are many paths to reach the admission goal than the ones we know of and believe in..

Now how do I know the person? Because we worked in the same office for 1.5 years ( so it's not like my friend told me such and such..)

But I think the confusion generated when I told "the person was not outstanding". That does not mean just a regular candidate. The person was non-engineer and had top of the line education in India. ( excellent candidadte but not outstanding) I will stop here because any more detail will make it easy to identify the candidate through various social/ professional networking sites.

Peace :)
Current Student
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Ozmba wrote:
Agreed buddy

Thanks Oz!
Director
Director
Send PM
Quote:
I understand it is difficult to come to terms with anything that hits hard the believes that we have closely nourished for long...but there are many paths to reach the admission goal than the ones we know of and believe in..

Nothing like that! The reality is "For any Indian Male, the competition is tough irrelevant of any top 15/20 school..

what i find irritating is the profile requests and the associated advice people get

I got 7XX score, went to IIT, worked as a code coolie - can i get into Harvard and instead of telling him the reality what one often does is, I know my friend -bla bla went to HSW - u can give a shot!

But the reality is way different and any indian Male aspiring for HSW -needs to be
Quote:
outstanding
in all aspects

Any one who thinks that, if I write Great Essays, i would have a shot is stupdity..Please assess your self and have realistic expectations....
Current Student
Send PM
Ozmba wrote:
Quote:

Nothing like that! The reality is "For any Indian Male, the competition is tough irrelevant of any top 15/20 school..

what i find irritating is the profile requests and the associated advice people get

I got 7XX score, went to IIT, worked as a code coolie - can i get into Harvard and instead of telling him the reality what one often does is, I know my friend -bla bla went to HSW - u can give a shot!

But the reality is way different and any indian Male aspiring for HSW -needs to be
Quote:
outstanding
in all aspects

Any one who thinks that, if I write Great Essays, i would have a shot is stupdity..Please assess your self and have realistic expectations....

You are making too many assumptions here, my friend :-D

I for understand Indian, engineer male the battle is uphill, but in reponse to OP I just wanted to say there are excpetions ..but the rule is yes, one needs to be outstanding
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM