Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 05:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 700 / Grad GPA 3.5

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 700 / Grad GPA 3.5 [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2005, 08:18
Hi,

Got done with my GMAT yesterday with a score of 700 (Q: 40, V:35). I have a Master's degree in computer science with a GPA of 3.5 from a US school and 5 years of experience in US.

I am planning to apply to :
* Columbia
* Wharton
* NYU - Stern
* INSEAD
* LBS

Should I retake the GMAT :?:
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2005, 09:04
I wonder if anybody can answer your query. You should provide more specific detail because GPA and GMAT is only one of many components. Remember that schools like INSEAD and H/S/W boast about the number of 800 applicants they reject each year. You should provide more info like what kind of work exp you have, what are your extra curricular activities are, what you plan to do with an MBA and after the MBA.

Best Regards,

Paul

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2005, 10:02
I am sorry, my bad. I assumed that GPA/GMAT information should be enough to know if a re-exam is required...

Regarding my work experience, I have 5 years of IT experience that includes over two years of product management experience. I have been invloved with various aspects of the typical software cycle from analysis, design, development and delivery.

Along with this I was heading the PR department of a not for profit organization. My primary responsibility was to build a sustainable donor base by establishing a solid branding.

I ran a marathon a couple of years ago, co-wrote the screenplay for a play and currently am working for a screenplay for a short film. :)
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2005, 13:27
Expert's post
a4gmat wrote:
I am sorry, my bad. I assumed that GPA/GMAT information should be enough to know if a re-exam is required...

Regarding my work experience, I have 5 years of IT experience that includes over two years of product management experience. I have been invloved with various aspects of the typical software cycle from analysis, design, development and delivery.

Along with this I was heading the PR department of a not for profit organization. My primary responsibility was to build a sustainable donor base by establishing a solid branding.

I ran a marathon a couple of years ago, co-wrote the screenplay for a play and currently am working for a screenplay for a short film. :)

Thank you (and Paul) very much for the additional information. It makes a difference. You have a competitive profile for Columbia, Wharton, NYU - Stern, INSEAD, and LBS. International experience would really boost your chances, especially at Insead and LBS. I don't recommend you retake the GMAT.

Good luck!

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2005, 13:41
:)

Thank you, Linda (and Paul) !!

-a
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2005, 12:23
Expert's post
a4gmat wrote:
:)

Thank you, Linda (and Paul) !!

-a

You're most welcome.

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog