Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 03:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 700 - Q46 V41

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
GMAT 700 - Q46 V41 [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2013, 02:16
Hi, I just took the GMAT today and got a score of 700(Q46 and V41). I know I could have done better on the quant section. Darden is my priority school. Do you think this split is good enough?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 16

Re: GMAT 700 - Q46 V41 [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2013, 03:56
This post received
KUDOS
debarshisarkar wrote:
Hi, I just took the GMAT today and got a score of 700(Q46 and V41). I know I could have done better on the quant section. Darden is my priority school. Do you think this split is good enough?

I would say "it depends". You can surely make it in, it should not be a red flag. But while it does not really matter for a European wether you have a 670 or 770 (except for H and S maybe), as there are not many of those nationalities in the applicant pool, it can be the deal breaker between two similar candidates. So if you are confident that your application is strong, stick to the score. If you want to have the deal breaker advantage, retake it.

About the split: Q46 is a bit low, but should be ok for Darden, especially if it is your first try, as they have a general management focus. This might be different if you want to go into finance or are applying at a school with quant heavy coursework.

Oh, and of course all this is only one person's (my) opinion...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT 700 - Q46 V41 [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2013, 22:45
Thanks for the reply! My focus is a course on general management/marketing. Quant work, although necessary, should not be too heavy.

gentlejack wrote:
debarshisarkar wrote:

I would say "it depends". You can surely make it in, it should not be a red flag. But while it does not really matter for a European wether you have a 670 or 770 (except for H and S maybe), as there are not many of those nationalities in the applicant pool, it can be the deal breaker between two similar candidates. So if you are confident that your application is strong, stick to the score. If you want to have the deal breaker advantage, retake it.

About the split: Q46 is a bit low, but should be ok for Darden, especially if it is your first try, as they have a general management focus. This might be different if you want to go into finance or are applying at a school with quant heavy coursework.

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 16

Re: GMAT 700 - Q46 V41 [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 04:23
debarshisarkar wrote:
Thanks for the reply! My focus is a course on general management/marketing. Quant work, although necessary, should not be too heavy.

gentlejack wrote:
debarshisarkar wrote:

Great. Just don't forget to analyze if you need a better GMAT score to stand out (or are competitive) among people with the same background (e.g. professional work experience, nationality).
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.75

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 20

Re: GMAT 700 - Q46 V41 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2013, 09:22
I'm not applying to Darden but was reading up on these threads because I want to see what they look like during decision time. I applied to Tepper and am looking to get into finance. My GMAT is in line with their average (690) but my quant is only 44. Considering Tepper is quant heavy and I'm specifically looking at finance if I get dinged will that be the likely reason? I did get an interview so I assume it wasn't a deal breaker. The thing that sucks is it was one of those situations where I was a little "too" comfortable during the test and just lost track of the time. I did well with the questions I answered in quant but had to guess around 10. I'm good at math, but sometimes have to take my time and that can hurt you.
Re: GMAT 700 - Q46 V41   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2013, 09:22