Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 01:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 710 (38 V, 49 Q)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 710 (38 V, 49 Q) [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2007, 15:45
First time poster, long time reader :)

Just got back from my writing today, after spending the last 2 weeks (Christmas/New Year's holiday at that) studying.

I was scheduled to write Dec. 20, but had to re-schedule due to some work committment.

Anyways, an interesting thing that I experienced was that I did NOT get a single probability (permutation or combination) or standard deviation question on the quant section.

I had read that these topics are only visited if one is doing well on the exam, yet I didn't see one (weird...)

Anyways, here are my practice test results (in the same order as I took them):
PR 1: 610
Kaplan: 620
PR 2: 600
PP: 700
PP: 660

As you can see, I was all the map (no idea why), but I guess I did the best during the ACTUAL thing, which counts the most :)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2007, 15:47
Oh, I guess I should write what materials I used:

Kaplan 800 (borrowed)
PR (bought - $50)
PR Verbal Workbook (borrowed)
Kaplan GMAT Verbal Workbook (borrowed)
PP (downloaded free)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2007, 15:48
How did you study? What's ur background?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2007, 16:10
Quote:
I did NOT get a single probability (permutation or combination) or standard deviation question on the quant section.

That sure is weird.

Congratulations on your fantastic score!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2007, 16:40
I studied by going through each book one at a time. I started with PR, then the 2 verbal books, and finally Kaplan 800 (pretty much in the order of difficulty). I also did quants first, then verbal since I knew my quants were better.

I did the exercised in the books. After which I did the CD/online tests (in the order I stated above)

Background = Engineering (so the quants were pretty easy, especially the problem solving stuff. I had a little problem with DS, but it's mostly just needing to think clearly and focusing).

Yes, the lack of the probability was definitely weird. I thought I was doing badly due to this fact.

I know I could have studied more and could have done better (I started "studying" like a year ago, but was never serious about it until I booked the test - which I subsequently had to move. So for the last year, I would say, I studied a total of 40-50 hours, and then the last 2 weeks, maybe another 70-80 hours), but I figured this score wouldn't keep me out from any school.

Drop me a note if you need any help. I'll try my best.

However, to be honest, even after getting 85 percentile on verbal, I still feel like I am "guessing" on alot of the questions, especially SC. LOL
  [#permalink] 06 Jan 2007, 16:40