Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2014, 20:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 720 (Q 51, V 35) Low GPA Please Evaluate my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT 720 (Q 51, V 35) Low GPA Please Evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2013, 03:24
GMAT 720 (Q 51, V 35) AWA 5
Toefl 106

Acads :
10th - 89.3%
12th - 93.3%
UG - 5.1/10, Top 10 University

Work Experience:
2yrs in self run software startup.
Did various projects for local Engineering/Arts colleges, Hospitals, and Schools.

3 yrs Telecommunication BSNL(PSU) and have been working as Junior Telecom Officer(Groups)
1) Customer management, Receiving n Restoring landline/Broad connection faults,
2) Maintaining/Restoring BANK MLLN Circuits/ATMs circuits.
3) Telephone exchanges maintenance (power plant, generator, AC units, Telecom Equipments, mobile Tower, OFC/Copper cables)
4) Managing staff of 15 members.
5) Maintenace of 135 Mobile towers in one district
6) Restoring copper cables/Optical fibre cables damaged due to road widening works/ culvert works/ local panchayat works.
7) ERP/SAP n routine works.

Profesional Achievements:
1) Best JTO of the year 2011 and 2012
2) Installed 7 mobile towers covering remote areas where people are living without any contact with outside world.
3) Leader of the District ERP team, and helped in smooth implementaion of recently introduced ERP system into BSNL Organization.

Extra Curricular:
1) Stood 98 in ALL india National level Mathematical Aptitude test
2) Member of College Dance and represented college at verious other collegs and member of College Cricket Team
3) Member of college Annaul cultural festival team for 3yrs.
and various similar activities at college level and school level.

i am really worried about my GPA,, i want MBA frm top 20-30 collleges but because of my low GPA i m planning to apply 4r 30-40 range colleges.
Please guide me n suggest some colleges.
Thank you.
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT 720 (Q 51, V 35) Low GPA Please Evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2013, 03:45
Hi,

Your profile looks decent with good GMAT and work ex but i don't think low GPA will create any issue as you have strong GMAT, 720 is definitely strong score. You should target top b-schools along with some safe schools where you have fair chance. You can target b-schools such as Cornell, Ross, Tepper, UCLA , Darden, Emory, Duke in US. To measure your chances for top b-schools try this tool visit http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool Let me know if you have any questions...

Regards,
Neha Singh

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT 720 (Q 51, V 35) Low GPA Please Evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 10:30
What was the university, degree, and class? Is your degree a second class degree? Are there any mitigating circumstances? Given your GMAT score, a strategy of applying to a mix of Top 20-30 schools, 30-40 schools and perhaps a reach school into the Top 20 could work.

Best of luck,

Michael Cohan
President
MBAPrepAdvantage
305-604-8178
http://www.mbaprepadvantage.com
http://www.mbaprepadvantage.com/blog
Give KUDOS! if a post helps you
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on GMAT Club & https://twitter.com/mbaprepadv and Michael Cohan on https://plus.google.com/u/0/112394163312774253233
Like MBAPrepAdvantage on https://www.facebook.com/MBAPrepAdvantage

MBAPrepAdvantage offers a free initial assessment to gauge your MBA admissions chances and the strength of your candidacy. Email us a brief description of your goals along with your target schools, resume, GPA, and GMAT score at info@mbaprepadvantage.com.

Re: GMAT 720 (Q 51, V 35) Low GPA Please Evaluate my profile   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2013, 10:30