Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 19:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 750 , Q50 V41

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

GMAT 750 , Q50 V41 [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2014, 09:29
This post received
KUDOS
I gave my gmat on May 19th and scored a 750. Just wanted to share my experience but have been busy with work for a while.

I started my prep in Mid-jan and joined CrackVerbal ( CV ) here in Bangalore. I gave the first gmat prep exam at the CV center as a diagnostic test and got a 690. I gave a couple of other tests in the first 2-3 weeks of my prep and scored 670 - 680. The mistakes I was making were very clear. In each of the exams , SC and DS were the problem.

While going through the verbal classes , I was doing whatever was done in classes plus the OG and verbal review. Once I was done with the classes , I wanted to concentrate more on SC . So , i spent around 10 days just doing SC regularly. Went through the rules again and again. The verbal classes at CV helped me a lot.

Then I started with the Quant classes. The classes were wonderful and by the time I was done with the classes , I was quite confident with my quant. In this time , I had done the gmat math bible , the class work and the OG/ Quant Review.

Now after the classes were done , SC was still my major concern . I started to do the advanced docs provided by CV. But I had been studying regularly for quite some time ( 3 months ) and had started to get very very Bored.

So instead of concentrating too much on the advanced docs , I started to give tests. I would analyse my mistakes in each exam that I gave. I gave all the free exams available. Gave a couple of the Manhattan Paid ones. Then I gave the 4 gmat prep exams. The last 7-8 exams , I scored above 700.

Now , I was getting good scores but hadn’t actually gone through the advanced docs ( only 20% maybe ). I had gotten too bored to go through them ( too many questions ! )
I booked the exam keeping 1 week in hand.
On the exam day , I was a little nervous initially . But once I started with the AWA , I became very comfortable. I had given too many practice exams and this felt like one of the exams that I had given at the CV centre( the experience of giving exams in their lab was very similar to the actual exam). I was completely in my comfort zone.

I found the difficulty level very close to the gmat prep exams. CR i felt was relatively easy.

To sum it all up , my advice would be to take out some time everyday. And keep giving the practice tests. In my 4 months of prep , I gave around 15-16 tests. That’s around one test every week. It really helped me.
For people looking for a coaching institute in Bangalore , I would strongly recommend CV. The teachers are really good and the support system is wonderful.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT 750 , Q50 V41 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2014, 04:32
Thanks for sharing your experience, Tanuj, and the kind words about CrackVerbal.
Glad to be a part of your MBA journey. :)

Warm regards
Gowri

Gowri N Kishore
Verbal Trainer & Admissions Coach

If you find our response valuable, please encourage us with Kudos!

Aiming for 40+ in Verbal? Attend our 2-Day Verbal Score Booster Workshop!
http://gmat.crackverbal.com/advanced-verbal-workshop-bangalore

Get a FREE profile evaluation from CrackVerbal experts!
http://applications.crackverbal.com/free-resources/profile-evaluation/

Re: GMAT 750 , Q50 V41   [#permalink] 16 Jun 2014, 04:32