Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V27
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
, given: 1
GMAT 750(Q50 V41 AWA4.5) Business Analyst IT Exp 7 years [#permalink]
02 Sep 2013, 21:25
I am an Indian male, 28 years with following credentials :
1. Two GMAT attempts -
2 Sep 2010.............Score 750(Q50, V41, AWA4.5)
15 July 2010...........Score 640
2. UG in Mech. Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering in 2006. CGPA - 60% (comparatively low)
3. 7 years of IT experience as Business Analyst in general insurance for US and UK markets. Responsibilities - a.) Stakeholder analysis b.) Estimating, Scoping, Eliciting, Analyzing, Managing, Documenting, Validating and Communicating Requirements while engaging Business and IT stakeholders. c.) Solution assessment and validation. Techniques used - Requirement workshops, Structured walkthroughs, Business process modeling, Organizational modeling, Use cases etc.
4. Functional domain for first 5 years - Underwriting, Policy admin, Claims processes supported by IT applications. Extensive Business domain knowledge in P&C insurance.
5. Last 2 years in Web Analytics, Digital marketing, Content management.
6. Web Analytics Experience - Presentations to Business owners with the web traffic analysis, Provide insights to optimize marketing results through digital channels (increased conversion rates, improved user experience etc), Customer segmentation to target selectively, Campaign monitoring (monitored a large scale campaign on weather channel during hurricane Sandy)
7. Digital Content Management - Easy updating and publishing of web content, Governance for content update, Search using metadata keywords, Personalization of content based on user profile
8. have worked in US, UK and India for insurance clients. Employed with Accenture for last 4 years. Previously was employed with a small indian IT services company after college for 3 years.
9. Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) from International institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
10. Extra curricular - Editor of a fortnightly newsletter for a group of 80 at work, Led the team of 5 to organize weekly recreational events that resulted in collaborative work culture through increased interaction.
I have strong background in Mathematics and inclination to work in Risk management and Insurance industry after MBA.
I applied to INSEAD in June 2011 for their January 2012 intake but did not succeed in getting interview call. I did not apply to any other college after that due to some family situation. Currently I am working in US and looking to apply to some colleges here for Fall 2014 intake.
Please evaluate my profile and recommend which colleges should I be targeting. Also comment on whether my old GMAT score will hold same weightage now.