Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:13 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GPA: 3.62
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT 760, IR 4- Should I retake the test. How much does IR matter? [#permalink]
Thanks for your reply Dennis and Rich.

I will start applying to schools next year. I want to target the top 10-20 schools- Wharton,Kellogg, Darden,Tuck etc. As for my profile I completed my B.E. in Electronics in June 2013. I have been working as a Data Analyst in ZS Associates India office since the past two years and recently got promoted. My CGPA is just above average. Hence, I really needed my GMAT score to standout. However, I am concerned will my GMAT score be able to make up for both my CG and IR.

Thanks
Basanti
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: GMAT 760, IR 4- Should I retake the test. How much does IR matter? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Basanti,

With these scores, there is no reason to retake the GMAT. You're ultimately asking Admissions questions, so you might want to ask the Admissions Experts in their Forum:

ask-admission-consultants-124/

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GPA: 3.62
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: GMAT 760, IR 4- Should I retake the test. How much does IR matter? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Basanti wrote:
Thanks for your reply Dennis and Rich.

I will start applying to schools next year. I want to target the top 10-20 schools- Wharton,Kellogg, Darden,Tuck etc. As for my profile I completed my B.E. in Electronics in June 2013. I have been working as a Data Analyst in ZS Associates India office since the past two years and recently got promoted. My CGPA is just above average. Hence, I really needed my GMAT score to standout. However, I am concerned will my GMAT score be able to make up for both my CG and IR.

Thanks
Basanti

Basanti -

With a GMAT score of 760, you have provided excellent evidence of your abilities. Speaking with a few Admissions counselors at your choice schools will give you a better feel for what they are looking for. But, your IR score can easily be addressed within your Admissions essay. Do not belabor the issue, but acknowledging it and providing some explanation should be sufficient. Good luck and keep any more questions coming!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks so much Dennis and Rich. You have made me feel much better about my situation. I hope my background in data analysis helps to address any concerns for IR.

Dennis,

Regarding your point of addressing the low IR score, do you have any tips on how to best address it. I was getting an IR of 7-8 consistently on my gmatprep. My nerves got the better of me on the gmat day. But seems like a silly excuse to write in an essay. :?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Basanti wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I just took my GMAT and got a score of 760 (Q50 V45). But my IR score 4 . I was pretty nervous in the start and on a section which has just 30 mins you can't afford to lose time because of bad temperament. What should I do. Should I consider retaking the exam. :? :?

Would really appreciate your advise.

Thanks

Hey Basanti

Generally speaking, you want to score decent enough on the IR section so as not to draw negative attention to a low IR score.

You don't want the admissions committee to focus on a really low IR score of like 1 or 2 -- that shows lack of effort or ability

That said, it's not that much more beneficial to have a perfect 8 versus a 6 or 7.

So ideally, you want to stay in the 4, 5, 6, or 7 range to efficiently get a score that is decent without putting a crazy amount of effort.

Now, with your IR score of 4 – that is decent and good enough. In addition, your 760 score is very high. So in your situation, I wouldn't worry about retaking the test for a higher IR score because you’re in the target zone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks everyone for your inputs. I am planning to apply this year.
GMAT Club Bot