Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:UCLA, INSEAD
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: GMAT 760 (Q50 V42) [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi,

Congrats on your score. Just a quick question, how realistic did you find the CAT score provided by Princeton? I've been getting 690-700 on my MGMAT scores, a 660 on Kaplan (which is really more like a 700 in the real GMAT), and for the Practice GMAT online for Princeton, I got 640. Is this score understated?
I just don't undersand how my score can be so different from my other CAT scores?
By the looks of your score, it seems like you often did bettern on GMATPREP than you did on PR.

Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Great score. Congrats!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
lunasea29 wrote:
Hi,

Congrats on your score. Just a quick question, how realistic did you find the CAT score provided by Princeton? I've been getting 690-700 on my MGMAT scores, a 660 on Kaplan (which is really more like a 700 in the real GMAT), and for the Practice GMAT online for Princeton, I got 640. Is this score understated?
I just don't undersand how my score can be so different from my other CAT scores?
By the looks of your score, it seems like you often did bettern on GMATPREP than you did on PR.

Thanks in advance.

For my case, I indeed did not find the CAT score provided by Princeton an accurate estimation of my real GMAT score. The GMATPREP is a much better simulation of the actual test.

For the CAT provided by Princeton, I found that some of the questions were quite ambiguous and were not exactly aligned with the logic of the GMAT. For this reason, I had some wrong answers early in the tests, and I spent too much time on some questions so that I did not have time to finish.

If you can score well on the GMATPREP, I wouldn't worry about the scores on the Princeton CAT. You don't want to go to the test worrying about your score rather than focusing on the test questions themselves. I would just use Princeton or Kaplan for the tips and strategies. However, for the practice, the OG and GMATPREP are still the best. Also, the additional OG guides for Verbal and Quantitative are very useful: questions are sorted by order of difficulty, so if you want to score high you can practice more on the hard questions. If you can manage 80-90% accuracy on the hard questions in these guides, you should be all set for the test.

Cheers

Originally posted by kokofrdel on 15 Mar 2010, 23:18.
Last edited by kokofrdel on 16 Mar 2010, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
how could I have missed this one? :oops:

Congratulations! Fantastic Score!
You may want to add your name to this thread: 99-ile-clubbers-add-your-name-to-the-list-77041.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Another great score. congratz all around
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Thanks everyone :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
kokofrdel wrote:
lunasea29 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

For my case, I indeed did not find the CAT score provided by Princeton an accurate estimation of my real GMAT score. The GMATPREP is a much better simulation of the actual test.

For the CAT provided by Princeton, I found that some of the questions were quite ambiguous and were not exactly aligned with the logic of the GMAT. For this reason, I had some wrong answers early in the tests, and I spent too much time on some questions so that I did not have time to finish.

If you can score well on the GMATPREP, I wouldn't worry about the scores on the Princeton CAT. You don't want to go to the test worrying about your score rather than focusing on the test questions themselves. I would just use Princeton or Kaplan for the tips and strategies. However, for the prmcuh!

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 76
Schools:Chicago Booth, Harvard, LBS, INSEAD, Columbia
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Kudos
congrats!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Congrats....thats a great score..
btw...what prep material do you suggest...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2135 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Congratulations!!. I wish you good luck in your future career. How many practice tests have you wrote over all? and what is additional OG means? is that mean another office guide book? How many hrs of study have you spent each day?. Can you give us some more additional details about your preparation methods?.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
 Q47  V35
Send PM
Congrats !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Great score
nice career ahead!! u Rock!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
congratulations!!!! you have a very balanced score with over 90%ile in both the sections.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts