Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 03:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gmat additional score report

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Gmat additional score report [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2006, 12:56
I just got my test taker copy of an addional score report and the percentile they have on it is different from my official score report(which was mailed to me 2 weeks after the exam).

my total 680 was 90th percentile on original report, but on the pearson copy it said 89the percentile. the Q and V are also one off. the raw scores are the same, just the percentile. the exam was taken in November 2004.

has anyone else had similar issues?

I am also waiting for my official score report for the exam i took in december (Dec 19) which I still havent gotten my copy of. Has anyone who took the GMAT around that time received their official report. it is normally supposed to take 2 weeks, it is 3 weeks today.... so i am getting worried..

thanks,
idream
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

[#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2006, 05:36
idream, I have noticed this as well. For some reason, the Pearson percentiles are different than what ETS gives. I sent my scores to a couple of schools before the new year (ETS sent them) and my percentiles on those reports were exactly the same as those on test day. However, I sent my scores to a school on Jan 5 and when I received the copy in the mail I noticed that my Quant and AWA percentiles were different. Don't know what's going on there.

Chet

SVP
SVP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2006, 08:09
It is percentile and it gets refined every time people take test. The change may be because there are people scoring more or less than you. Yo 89 can be 99% if everyone score less than you for next 5 years. Consider this: your scors is in the system and it gets affected by other scores entering or exiting the system.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2006, 11:49
Actually, I thought the percentile would be stored as of the time you took the test. that way it doesnt change according to data as it comes in.
IF percentile is supposed to reflect the tests as they come in, then it is really meaningless for the schools to actually ask you to put in percentile in the application forms, because really what you have on your report might not be correct.

Anyway, I called Pearson and they told me that it shouldnt change either. Because the percentile is based on the data set as of the time you took the test and should not be recalculated everytime you print the report.

idream.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

[#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2006, 12:00
idream, don't know if this will help you, but I decided to report the Pearson scores for the school that I sent my scores to in January. I knew that school would be recieving the Pearson report, so I wanted to make sure that my percentiles were consistent with the Pearson report.

In the end, hopefully a one percent difference will not make or break an application, although I know every little bit helps.

Chet

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2006, 14:02
idream:

I am gonna reply your question about still not getting the official score report. I took GMAT on Dec. 23rd, and I am still waiting for my report to come. I called 609-771-7330 and was told that they were still grading my essay.

You posted your message on the 9th, I hope you already got yours. Did you?

Anybody else who are in the same similiar situation?

Regards,
Julia
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2006, 14:29
I took the GMAT on 12/12 and have still not received my score. When I called to ask for the results they told me that they couldn't release them and that they would be mailed 'soon', whatever that means.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2006, 18:02
I got my official score report yesterday.

I had taken the exam on the 19th of december. Looks like they are a week or so behind the normal 2 weeks.

idream
VP
VP
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2006, 13:13
idream wrote:
I got my official score report yesterday.

I had taken the exam on the 19th of december. Looks like they are a week or so behind the normal 2 weeks.

idream

so did you get your percentile problem resolved in the report you received ?

To support your point, here is the excerpts form a web-site about percentile calculation:

Accompanying each of the four scaled scores on your official GMAT score report will be a percentile score, or ranking, which indicates the percentage of test-takers scoring lower than you. For example, a percentile ranking of 65% indicates that out of every 100 test-takers 65 scored lower than you, while 34 scored higher than you. Percentile rankings are based on the entire GMAT test-taking population during the three most recent years.

Percentile rankings are solely for your information—to help you assess your relative performance. They aren’t reported to the B-schools. Even if they were, the schools would ignore them, because each B-school is interested in ranking you among only its applicants, not among all GMAT test-takers.

Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right! - Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

[#permalink] 19 Jan 2006, 13:13