Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 01:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Analytics (A new approach to the error log)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
4 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: SSE
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 306 [4] , given: 22

GMAT Analytics (A new approach to the error log) [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2010, 15:26
This post received
KUDOS

Hello GMAT takers, I'm here to introduce you an application I developed to help you study for the test.

Let me tell you the origin of the idea: When I was a child I came to like web development and I've been learning and trying things all this time. Next year, I'll go to study a master abroad, so I thought I wouldn't have time to keep on doing this and I decided to develop something useful to put an end to this hobby of mine. The idea came a bit after the 'Error Log' contest from GMATClub. I thought it was a good idea to leave the excel spreadsheet and pass to a web-based application.

The app is intended to be a substitute for the traditional error log, and hopefully a bit more useful and easier to use. Let me say it could be way better than what it is now, but as a perfectionist, I could be another 6 months working on it and maybe wouldn't be happy yet. So I consider now it has a basic functionality that is enough to put it into test. Of course, your suggestions will be very important to make it better, don't hesitate to say your word, I assure you feedback will have consequences ;)

I don't want to extend this post more than necessary, I have set a more 'commercial' website in order to show you the basic features, and once you are logged in you will find a 'Quick guide' that hopefully will help you to learn to use it (don't worry it's pretty simple!). I have also set appropriate systems for you to leave feedback, questions, problems and whatever you need to say.

I encourage you to give it a try >>> visit GMATAnalytics.com

Thank you!

*** It won't display accurately in IE, but it works (i'm trying to fix it)

Performance: Gmat | Toefl
Contributions: The Idioms Test | All Geometry Formulas | Friendly Error Log | GMAT Analytics
MSc in Management: All you need to know | Student Lifestyle | Class Profiles

Last edited by saruba on 24 Jun 2010, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Analytics (beta) [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2010, 16:14
Great initiative +1. Looks cool and helpful.

I have not checked everything but it allows you to confirm an answer while practicing even if you do not select anything.
No doubt this will be quite helpful but an offline version of this tool will be great. What you say?

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 306 [0], given: 22

Re: GMAT Analytics (beta) [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2010, 02:43
Hey gurpreetsingh, thank you for your words.

Indeed there are little things that I have to fix/polish, thank you for pointing that (I hardly remember all of them).

About the offline version, it's a good idea but I don't have the knowledge to do it! I see you are an app developer, maybe you can provide some ideas? : )

ps- do you think I can see any of your apps?

Contributions: The Idioms Test | All Geometry Formulas | Friendly Error Log | GMAT Analytics

CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Analytics (beta) [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2010, 03:10
I would have love to create but I m not windows application programmer.
Actually I m legacy system programmer. I code in Cobol/400 on AS/400 legacy system.

One thing that can be done is to create a portal server in your executable and include your web tools in it. I m sure you have used serve side scripting (If i m not wrong Actionscript for flash?) and we definitely need apache and database.

So basically your website will be accessible through local web server installed on the computer.
Though I have web server installed in my pc, but most of the users might not have installed it.
Once you are done with your stable release , we can work on it. But I m sure our gmatclub developer team must be having better programmers than me.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Followers: 349

Kudos [?]: 1415 [0], given: 196

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Analytics (beta) [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2010, 18:16
This is brilliant!
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 306 [0], given: 22

Re: GMAT Analytics (A new approach to the error log) [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2010, 02:11
Indeed it'd be a bit complicated, I guess another technology should be used for that purpose.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Analytics (A new approach to the error log) [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2010, 04:59
great app !!!
For the offline part I would recommend to use something like c# (. NET 2.0 or 3.0) ,it also has graph api so the analysis part would be not be difficult to create . For data part you may use the access database or oracle database at the backend (that I think you already have in place you your websolution).

regards
sason
Re: GMAT Analytics (A new approach to the error log)   [#permalink] 24 Jun 2010, 04:59