Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 20:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT and Admission help

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

GMAT and Admission help [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 08:15
Hello every one,

I am a third year BBA student from Bangladesh. Just couple of days ago, I have started my GMAT study. In fact I have admitted to a GMAT coaching center for GMAT tuition. I will sit for GMAT xam on next June/July. As I prefer teaching :-D :-D as my career, I want to get admission in Phd in very good USA B-school (no MBA). My CGPA is around 3.50. Now I need you guys' help on following two points:

1. How should I start for GMAT? I have read many writings on GMAT in this GMAT club and in fact I lost in lots of information :wink: :wink: .

2. Any tips or suggestion to get admission in phd in top B.schools.

Tnxs in advance :-D :-D :-D :-D
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 290

Kudos [?]: 664 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT and Admission help [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2012, 13:41
Expert's post
Nazim,
Not sure what you mean by business school with no mba? The degree you get (generally) from business school is the MBA, not the Ph D. Are you referring to other graduate school programs instead?

As for preparing for the GMAT, you generally want to leave 1-3 months of time to study/prepare. Depending on your level, there are a number of areas you might want to make sure you understand at a fundamental level and this may require some good amount of time and effort. At GMATPill, we recommend focusing on mastering one section's concepts at a time before moving onto another one.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT and Admission help [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 07:10
gmatpill wrote:
Nazim,
Not sure what you mean by business school with no mba? The degree you get (generally) from business school is the MBA, not the Ph D. Are you referring to other graduate school programs instead?

As for preparing for the GMAT, you generally want to leave 1-3 months of time to study/prepare. Depending on your level, there are a number of areas you might want to make sure you understand at a fundamental level and this may require some good amount of time and effort. At GMATPill, we recommend focusing on mastering one section's concepts at a time before moving onto another one.

Tnxs for your reply.

No MBA means, I will not take MBA. Instead of MBA as I prepare teaching I will try to admit in Phd. Just after my BBA I want to start my Phd in any top US B-school. I am sure it will not be any easy for a Bangladeshi student with only BBA degree. So to boost up my admission chance of pdh in top B-school I need you ppl's help.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT and Admission help [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2012, 20:52
It is best for working professionals to take up distance mba or online bba as it is cost effective and saves time!.
Re: GMAT and Admission help   [#permalink] 18 Nov 2012, 20:52