Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 00:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT and Admissions Consultant advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

GMAT and Admissions Consultant advice [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 21:38
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi ,

To start with, I did not test for GMAT yet, but I am preparing.

After reading several posts, I realized that I would need a mentor for GMAT.

I am of Indian origin and currently in the USA working full time as a Software Engineer at one of the Silicon Valley's best.
B.Tech(India) and MS(California State) Plus 8 years of Work Experience(all in the USA) and some international volunteer experience.

My goal is to get into Technology Management in the areas of Engineering Leadership, Product Management or Sales/Marketing.

1) I would like to understand which schools in US have the best FT and PT programs that would cater my goals.
2) I would also like to apply outside the US. ISB(Indian School of Business) being one of MUST target school, can you name few more outside the US?
3) I would like to get a GMAT mentor. Can you recommend a consulting company or individual who can mentor me to reach my goals.
4) Eventually, I would like to get an MBA admissions mentor. Can you recommend a consulting company or individual who can mentor me to reach my goals(keeping ISB as one of my def. targets)

As of today, my target schools are
1) ISB (Indian School Of Business)
2) Haas
3) Kellogg
4) Booth
5) UCLA
6) McCombs

Thanks,
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT and Admissions Consultant advice [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2014, 11:33
anyone on this?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2273

Kudos [?]: 8784 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT and Admissions Consultant advice [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2014, 15:39
Expert's post
Sure - go for Optimus Prep. They to provide your kind of service and approach with Tutoring packages.
Admissionado has the "mentorship" approach as well where they spend a year working with a client - drop them a note.

Good Luck!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Optimus Prep Instructor
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT and Admissions Consultant advice [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2014, 06:41
Expert's post
Optimus Prep can in deed help you with both - GMAT prep private tutoring for reasonable rates & admissions consulting.

Please visit our website for more information or write us an email. Please be aware that you will get a further discount if you buy two services at once.

If you are serious about your academic future you should make use of our offer since similar companies charge 2-3x more for the same services.

Optimus Prep

Best regards,

Artem Morgunov I Founder of Optimus Prep I morgunov@optimus-prep.com

Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT and Admissions Consultant advice [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 12:10
Hi npcali,

At Fortuna Admissions we can also help you with MBA admissions mentoring and coaching. We have quite a roster of coaches that can help you and many of them have been on the admissions committees of the schools you are targeting. Plus one of our senior coaches is in India and can help with ISB too.

There are lots of great admissions consultants out there so I would suggest calling a few to see which one you 'gel' with. We're happy to provide you with a free consultation (http://fortunaadmissions.com/free-consultation/) so feel free to contact us to set this up and we'd be thrilled to walk you through your questions and also identify which other schools you might want to target.

All the best,

-Melissa and the Fortuna Admissions Team

Melissa Jones | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website www.fortunadmissions.com.

Re: GMAT and Admissions Consultant advice   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2014, 12:10