Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Nov 2014, 10:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT and GRE - which to report

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT and GRE - which to report [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 07:17
Hi,

New user here - would seek the view of aspirants, current students and admission consultants alike.

I have taken the GMAT twice and scored a 670 and a 690. I am now contemplating taking the GRE instead, as I don't believe I am doing well on the GMAT basis comparison to my GPA, honours in life and past demonstrated scholastic aptitude. I have been taking practice tests and scoring consistently over 1500 in the GRE (750+ in Math and 700+ in Verbal). I am planning to take the GRE before the 2nd round deadline and then apply using this score. Is this fine/advisable? I mean there's nothing that is wrong per procedure here, but what do people think about adcom's reception of GRE scores. I did speak to a couple of admissions representatives who said they don't differ in their opinion on the tests. I pointed out that the GRE is often seen as simpler, to which she and he said that they concentrate more on the percentiles than the score i.e. a 750 Math for them is somewhat akin to a 80 percentile in the GMAT and similarly for verbal.

Look forward to thoughts on this. Best regards
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 420 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT and GRE - which to report [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 11:09
Your plan is fine, but remember, the GMAT in top programs is still a new *thing*. There aren't solid stats on acceptances for GRE scores. The problem you will run into is people say the "GRE is easier", thus even if you score well on the GRE, you must sell your remaining parts of the application to be a competitive applicant.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Re: GMAT and GRE - which to report   [#permalink] 02 Nov 2011, 11:09