Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Nov 2014, 20:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Appointment identification requirement mismatch

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 72 [1] , given: 79963

CAT Tests
GMAT Appointment identification requirement mismatch [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2008, 22:22
This post received
KUDOS
There seems to be a problem regarding my GMAT appointment. My Passport shows my name as "FirstName LastName" under the field "Given Names".
But I used the name "FirstName and the initial of the lastname" while registering for the GMAT appointment. This is how my name is given in my degree certificate and birth certificate. The other details given while registering for the test match with the corresponding details on the passport.

From this link, http://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/TheE ... cation.htm
I understand that "The ID must be current (not expired) and legible and must bear your name in the Roman alphabet (as is used in this Bulletin) exactly as you provided when you made your test appointment, including the order and placement of the names".

This seems to be a big problem. What are the other alternatives to address this issue?
Will GMAC change the name and give me a new appointment receipt? Or should I cancel the test and book again?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2370

Kudos [?]: 9873 [0], given: 3751

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Appointment identification requirement mismatch [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2008, 22:27
Expert's post
Guest1 wrote:
There seems to be a problem regarding my GMAT appointment. My Passport shows my name as "FirstName LastName" under the field "Given Names".
But I used the name "FirstName and the initial of the lastname" while registering for the GMAT appointment. This is how my name is given in my degree certificate and birth certificate. The other details given while registering for the test match with the corresponding details on the passport.

From this link, http://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/TheE ... cation.htm
I understand that "The ID must be current (not expired) and legible and must bear your name in the Roman alphabet (as is used in this Bulletin) exactly as you provided when you made your test appointment, including the order and placement of the names".

This seems to be a big problem. What are the other alternatives to address this issue?
Will GMAC change the name and give me a new appointment receipt? Or should I cancel the test and book again?

I am going to move this to a different forum as you will get better answers there - you will, however need to login to post in those forums (Support forum is an exception).

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Re: GMAT Appointment identification requirement mismatch   [#permalink] 08 Apr 2008, 22:27