Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 11:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Appointment Scheduled - Any Ideas - Final Month of Prep

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.66
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 58

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Appointment Scheduled - Any Ideas - Final Month of Prep [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2012, 13:14
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: GMAT Appointment Scheduled - Any Ideas - Final Month of Prep [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 10:04
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
NeilFerrini - how is it going now?

First of all congrats on your admits! So exciting - Happy for you! Tough break on Kellogg - hopefully the waitlist will fall in your favor (Booth is amazing though!)

I am well - along the way about 3 to 4 weeks after I started my re-study, I received an email from MGMAT asking me about my experience and giving the option to do a post-exam assessment. I set it up and they gave me a detailed plan with subject areas and what to focus on based on my exam performance and practice problem statistics in their online tools.

Overall they diagnosed that I am "right there" on achieving my target score (based on practice test scores of 700 and 690), but I just need about 5 weeks of intense non-stop focused study on the areas that they prescribed. That 5 weeks was to start from the day of the conversation - so my previous 3 weeks of study were good but not really part of the plan and somewhat irrelevant in the tutor's mind. I addressed my Costa Rica trip and she advised me to completely put aside all things GMAT until after so I am not taking a 5 day party break in the middle of study. She though it would be good to help with not getting burnt out as well. It was a very hard choice to make - I was nervous about losing any momentum/routine/focus along with forgetting things, but she urged me to do it. I mulled over it for a while.

I decided to take the advice and enjoy the break. Just got back from Costa Rica on Sunday and I am going to start my study 5 week study session tomorrow. I have rescheduled my test for May 5th. It's going to be intense getting back into it, but hopefully if I take care of all of the very specific details and actions they recommended, I will be all set to get a 720+ score.

How are things for you? I imagine well given the world-class choices your juggling!

Best - and I'll be in touch
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 58

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Appointment Scheduled - Any Ideas - Final Month of Prep [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 18:09
Sorry for never responding! That's good news. Keep the faith - really. The GMAT is such a tough and frustrating process, but soon you'll be done (and beginning the tough and frustrating process of picking schools and working on essays!)

GMAT Story http://gmatclub.com/forum/100-point-improvements-they-are-possible-124223.html
Profile/School Status http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1028789

Re: GMAT Appointment Scheduled - Any Ideas - Final Month of Prep   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2012, 18:09