Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 23:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT : basic problem

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT : basic problem [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2005, 20:58
Many of us face a problem during GMAT. you have done enough practice, you have solid fandamentals , you have worked hard and you feel you are well prepared but still you blow yourself when you see your disappointing score. the problem is your tired mind. you have to read each questions 2ce or thrice when you are half way in verbal section. your comphrehension drops dangerously low , you stand nowhere. many a times you think that you should cancle the score ...and so on...

Can anyone please suggest how to overcome this? i had faced it twice.

M

When u r about to make ends meet, someone moves the ends.

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2005, 02:45
I have attempted GMAT once and faced exactly the same problem. :( . Since then I have been looking for ways to counter this problem. A couple of things that could really help in this situation:
1. Before giving the GMAT ensure that you have taken sufficient full length tests with exactly the same time breaks. This practice should habituate you with the real GMAT experience of 4Hrs at a stretch.
2. Use the 5 min breaks to relax, flex out, breath deeply, press your eyes gently to release the strain and splash some cold refreshing water on your face.
3. Meditiate for atleast 10 mins everyday to build your focus and concentration.(This really helps)

Good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2005, 03:08
thanks for yout tips paddy. i will practice mediatation.
if someone has such problem , he/she must work on at least 15 full length test. apart from good knowledge , your endurance seems euqlly important factor.

When u r about to make ends meet, someone moves the ends.

[#permalink] 20 Mar 2005, 03:08