Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 211 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Re: GMAT CATs [#permalink]
Some posters have also been saying that Kaplan greatly overestimates their scores... so who knows!

In truth, you can't follow Kaplan's scores. If you don't want to waste your GMATPrep exams, then I'd recommend taking an MGMAT exam to get a better sense of your true score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
YourDreamTheater wrote:
Some posters have also been saying that Kaplan greatly overestimates their scores... so who knows!

In truth, you can't follow Kaplan's scores. If you don't want to waste your GMATPrep exams, then I'd recommend taking an MGMAT exam to get a better sense of your true score.

Sorry about my ignorance here mate.. is MGMAT different from GMAT mock on MBA.com website?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
No problem!

MGMAT refers to the prep company "Manhattan GMAT" - the company that everyone on here fairly unanimously refers to when asked about the best way to prep for the GMAT.

MGMAT has an entire book series that contains books on 5 different math subjects, as well as the 3 verbal subjects. The 5 math books and the sentence correction book are regularly touted as the best of the best here on GMATClub. Check out the series here:
https://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-GMAT-Se ... 734&sr=1-1

If you purchase any of the books, you are granted one year of free access to MGMAT's online materials -- including 6 very realistic (but difficult!) practice exams.

I'd highly recommend picking up the Official Guide (OG 12) and the MGMAT Series. Those two, in combination with 6 MGMAT exams and 2 GMATPrep exams (from MBA.com), will prepare you really well.

Check out my GMAT study story for more information:
yourdreamtheater-s-gmat-story-97092.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
YourDreamTheater wrote:
No problem!

MGMAT refers to the prep company "Manhattan GMAT" - the company that everyone on here fairly unanimously refers to when asked about the best way to prep for the GMAT.

MGMAT has an entire book series that contains books on 5 different math subjects, as well as the 3 verbal subjects. The 5 math books and the sentence correction book are regularly touted as the best of the best here on GMATClub. Check out the series here:

If you purchase any of the books, you are granted one year of free access to MGMAT's online materials -- including 6 very realistic (but difficult!) practice exams.

I'd highly recommend picking up the Official Guide (OG 12) and the MGMAT Series. Those two, in combination with 6 MGMAT exams and 2 GMATPrep exams (from MBA.com), will prepare you really well.

you are a star mate.. one last Q.. can I only purchase MGMAT practice exams? thx
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Send PM
Kaplan is very stingy and doesn't give high scores:))
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Pavle wrote:

which ones do you suggest - I'd like to do 10 more CATs before the D day.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
f22raptor wrote:
YourDreamTheater wrote:
No problem!

you are a star mate.. one last Q.. can I only purchase MGMAT practice exams? thx

I believe you can. If I were you, this is what I would do:

4 Princeton Review exams (available from PrincetonReview.com or with purchase of Cracking the GMAT 2010)
6 MGMAT exams
2 GMAT Prep exams (take each one twice for a total of 4 exams -- available on mba.com)

This will give you 12 different exam grades to look at.

The Princeton Review exams are great to start with because the quant is pretty easy and the verbal is pretty accurate. These exams will teach you the basics, but they will penalize you greatly for stupid mistakes. They get you into the testing mode quickly.

The MGMAT exams are great for the middle because they will test everything under the sun in quant. These exams give more leeway for stupid mistakes, but they're really tough overall. Great for practicing timing and building stamina.

The GMAT Prep exams are the single best indicator of your actual level. They will show you exactly what it will be like on test day. Save these for last so you can figure out where you need to improve at the end of your study.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
f22raptor wrote:
Pavle wrote:

I suggest you do MGMAT CAT it's a bit harder but has very good explanations you can study much from it(do untimed if you find it really difficult)

When D day is about to come do just GMAT prep it's totally represents the actual test

Good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Pavle wrote:
f22raptor wrote:
Pavle wrote:

I suggest you do MGMAT CAT it's a bit harder but has very good explanations you can study much from it(do untimed if you find it really difficult)

When D day is about to come do just GMAT prep it's totally represents the actual test

Good luck

Thanks - I am about to purchase M GMAT online for 6 famous tests. pls let me know that you were refering to
https://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 81&catid=4

Manhattan GMAT Computer Adaptive Practice Exams - 1 Year Access

$39

Good luck to you too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks All - I am about to purchase M GMAT online for 6 famous tests. pls let me know that you were refering to

$39

Good luck to you too.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[/quote]

Thanks - I am about to purchase M GMAT online for 6 famous tests. pls let me know that you were refering to

$39

Good luck to you too.[/quote]

Yes this is the very MGMAT test everyone takes;))

Also try GMATclub tests they are great
GMAT Club Bot